Author Topic: Have you ever tried to seek out all the promo items related to a single game?  (Read 841 times)

I am on the verge of spending the most I ever have for 1 video game and i'm not sure why.  I just really like World War II history and video games and COD WW2 has really possessed me to buy almost everything related to it because I'm a sucker for WW2 stuff and the statues and bundles from Prima and Sledgehammer thus far have been really neat.  :) 

Has anyone ever tried to seek out all the side promo stuff for a new or old release? :D.  Strats, figures, promo posters ect... I'm hoping I don't regret it down the road because i'm at about 350 dollars in spending on 1 title which I have never even come close to that before on a new game.  :)     It kinda covers two fronts of coolness so I think it's worth it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:24:26 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Not as of yet... but I have bought every US release of Lunar: Sliver Star. I've always figured I'm one good windfall from buying another dozen copies to get all the disc variants.

thewelshman

Whenever Gears of War III came out, I bought the Epic Edition to the game, as well as the Custom 360. Then, I went on a tear to try and snag up all of the characters that came with each limited edition. I even made sure to 100% Gears of War II for the custom name tag you can add to your profile. Of course, they all ended up being released with the season pass, but I had them anyways. Even played the beta to get the Thrashball Cole skin, which was difficult cause I suck at PvP. I think the only thing I never got all of was the weapon skins. Most of which, I found pretty useless.

Later I bought a replica of the Snub Pistol, as well as a Trashball Cole figurine.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:23:52 pm by jce3000gt »

I technically could for Brutal Legend as I have a Brutal Legend standee and the strategy guide.  There's not a lot for it, but having the standee is pretty great, I just don't have the room for it right now lol  One thing I need to get is the Brutal Legend statue and I saw there was this cool Indie Box for the game that I'd love to get.

Sort of.  I'm currently doing this for Final Fantasy XII.  It'll be a long process but I'm not giving up.  :)

If you ever find the necklace Basch wears, BUY AN EXTRA FOR ME. I've been hoping someone would make that thing since the damn game came out on PS2!

kashell

Not all of them, but when Tales of Graces f was getting ready to be released I was able to snag one of those nice posters from Game Stop. It's in a frame now and looking lovely.

Same thing with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

For years and years I said that if Shenmue 3 was ever announced or if a crowd funding campaign was ever launched that I'd throw as much money as I possibly could at it. Sure enough, E3 2015 rolled around and the Shenmue 3 KS campaign launched. At the time I had a lot in savings and given how much this series meant to me and my commitment to see this game succeed as much as it possibly could I threw just over $800 at the campaign.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:23:45 pm by jce3000gt »