Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)  (Read 30035 times)

azure

Re: Secret Santa 2017 (part 1: Sign-ups)
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »
Thanks for the input, looks like I'll just make a list while also leaving my VGC wishlist open. Seems to be the best of both worlds so the SS can do whatever they like.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2017, 07:44:10 pm »
I'm in for this year. $50 limit sounds great and I'm okay with shipping to US, Canada and Mexico. I could probably swing overseas shipping but definitely want to stick with NTSC / NA games (I don't have a means of testing other regions).

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:29 pm »
I really wanted to participate this year but sadly i will have to pass, i wish you good luck with your hunts !

telly

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2017, 11:49:51 pm »
I really wanted to participate this year but sadly i will have to pass, i wish you good luck with your hunts !

There's always next year :) Hopefully you can join next time!
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 12:16:56 am »
re: wishlists.

Idk how people have liked mine in the past but I usually try to steer clear of specific games really. Usually I'm pretty open and just tell people what I have been into or missing lately and let them go from there. IMO seems like it makes it a bit more open and easier to find things that may fit and I am not expecting certain things and have usually been very surprised.

kashell

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 09:17:56 am »
I never use the wish list feature on here unless we're doing Secret Santa. Normally, if there's a game I really want I'll just up and buy it immediately instead of adding it to a wishlist on here or amazon or something like that.

Last year, I had a theme of "PlayStation 2 games that I want to finally play." This year I'm going for a theme of "Random stuff from a random guy."

telly

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 10:37:28 am »
I give people the option to use my wishlist so they don't have to feel restricted, but I also provide a list of top games so they don't have to dig through my almost 400 game wishlist. I see no harm in having both!
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 11:21:56 am »
I give people the option to use my wishlist so they don't have to feel restricted, but I also provide a list of top games so they don't have to dig through my almost 400 game wishlist. I see no harm in having both!

The more, the merrier, in my opinion. I like having the wishlist of titles (that way they don't have to go through my collection to check what I already have), but I also like to mention anything else that I'm interested in - franchises, memorabilia, etc. Previous SSs have also given out handmade goods! So don't feel restricted when deciding what to give :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 11:41:53 am »
Its still framed too! I will never take it down. :)

telly

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 11:46:24 am »
I still have that little note that Turf put in my first SS box! :D
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 12:39:23 pm »
Its still framed too! I will never take it down. :)

;D ;D ;D ah don't make me blush
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »
I still have that little note that Turf put in my first SS box! :D

I've been meaning to tell you that I sent the wrong note.  I mean, I like that your hair smells like lilac; but that was totally meant for someone else.   ;)

Also, thank you for keeping those pictures to yourself.  I was afraid they'd end up on the internet.

kashell

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:09 am »
I've been meaning to tell you that I sent the wrong note.  I mean, I like that your hair smells like lilac; but that was totally meant for someone else.   ;)

Also, thank you for keeping those pictures to yourself.  I was afraid they'd end up on the internet.

I sense a scandal!

telly

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:50 am »

I sense a scandal!

He wasn't talking about junk in the general thread for nothing, you know.  :o
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:13 am »
Speaking of turf, I just noticed we have matching Mega Man Legacy Collection 2s in our signature.