Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)  (Read 27630 times)

soera

Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »
I know I started this thread over a month ago to drum up effort and deleted it cause people said it was too early. Its nearing the second half of September and its close enough!

If you want to participate this year, please post your name on this thread. I want people to have been members of these forums for at least 3 months prior to this and some sort of activity here. We have had 4 years so far of 100% success and we are not going to fail this year! Sign ups will be for 1 month. Once its done, you have a 2 weeks to send me your wishlist, address info, and what not. Also include if you are willing to send out of your own country cause every year we get non US participants.

When you reply on this thread, post what you think the spending limit should be. I will take the most popular option and thats what we will go with. And since Im mentioning it ... if the limit is $100 (an example) please dont send someone $10 worth of crap. The limit is more of a guideline as to what to expect to spend. Almost everyone here the past few years has went over the limit for their participant. Within the time of sending in the wishlists, if the limit becomes more than you want to spend, let me know and I can remove you from the list. No hard feelings will be had.

Every year we have a reveal thread and IIRC, Kashell/Dash/Turf and a few others actually do theirs on their youtube page. If you wish to wait to open your gift til Christmas, that is definitely your prerogative. However, I would like to ask that no one posts anything about their stuff til after Christmas.

Links to the previous years -
2013 : https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4178.0.html
2014 : https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5554.0.html
2015 : https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6559.0.html
2016 : https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7734.0.html

And on that note, let the games begin .....

1. Soera
2. Kashell - wishlist - shipped - received
3. Azure - wishlist - shipped - received
4. Tpugmire - wishlist - shipped - received
5. Ignition365 - wishlist - shipped - received
6. Turf - wishlist - shipped - received
7. Rayne315 (Requested to be removed)
8. Telly - wishlist - shipped - received
9. Desocietas - wishlist - shipped - received
10. Warmsignal - wishlist - shipped - received
11. Indenton - wishlist - shipped - received
12. Gitaroo (Was unable to verify wishlist per cutoff time)
13. Doctorlaudanum - wishlist - shipped - received
14. Davifus - wishlist - shipped - received
15. Puddingm - wishlist - shipped - received
16. Droaa - wishlist - shipped - received
17. Flashback2012 - wishlist - shipped - received
18. Dashv - wishlist - shipped - received
19. Brandon913 - wishlist - shipped - received
20. Tafk - wishlist - shipped - received
21. Justin8301 - wishlist - shipped - received
22. Dstone - wishlist - shipped - received
23. Redblaze57 (Requested to be removed)
24. NickAwesome - wishlist - shipped - received
25. Koemo1 - wishlist - shipped - received

SIGN UPS ARE LOCKED!!!! 25 people. Biggest one yet!!! Now is the time for wish lists. Send them to me via private message on here. I will be taking wish lists til basically the end of October (Not going to put an exact date cause of Halloween, my daughter's birthday, and her trip to Dallas is that weekend so Im going to be on and off then). November 1st is when I will take all the ones Ive received (Im saying it now ... if you do not have a wish list in by that time, I will be forced to drop you from this event) and pair people up. You will then have the entire month of November to buy/locate gifts for your person and get it mailed. Please include tracking in some form so that I can see the progress of the gifts and that your person will be able to track it so that they can insure its safe arrival. Let the show begin!

WISH LISTS ARE LOCKED!!!! Pairings are going to be done in the next 2 days. If you sent me a wishlist and did not send me a mailing address, you should reconsider that option! :D Once I have paired people up, I will send emails out letting people know who they are buying for. You will then have til December 1 to get your item purchased and mailed out. PLEASE include tracking if at all possible so that I/your giftee can keep tabs on items. Emails back to me once your item has been mailed out.

EMAILS ARE OUT!!!! I have sent out all the emails to people letting them know who they are buying for. Lets do this! Remember the spending amount is $50.

Last reminder for addresses!!!!

2.5 weeks til Christmas!!!! Most packages have already been received. Looks to be another flawless year! :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:41:42 am by soera »

soera

Re: Secret Santa 2017 (part 1: Sign-ups)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »
Left open in case necessary.

soera

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 04:07:06 pm »
Left open in case necessary

kashell

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »
Sign me up!!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the spending limit. I'm good with $50. That's what we did last year and I think it went well.

EDIT 2: I'd prefer to stay in the country, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:52:14 am by kashell »

azure

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:11:49 pm »
Count me in!

Edit: Whoops me too. $50 was fine with me so I'm game for that again, also like to stay within my country if possible.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:15:44 pm by azure »

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:15:18 pm »
I'm in as usual.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »
In as well.  Also prefer to only ship within the US.

Minimally $50, but I'm cool with going higher.

I've been bulking up my wishlist just for this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:23:14 pm by ignition365 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:12:31 pm »
Put me in.  $50 seems like the sweet spot for spending on this thing.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
count me in. I had fun last year. I can go to $50 but any more than that and I will have to be out.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 05:54:53 pm »
Oh HELLLL yeah you know I'm in! This is my favorite thing we do on this site  :D

$50 is good with me. I'm okay shipping internationally too.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 07:06:28 pm »
Me, me! I love surprises and the hunt. $50 sounds good to me, including or excluding shipping. Probably easiest to do U.S. for me unless someone doesn't mind getting NA/US items  :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:38 pm »
I'd like to participate again this year. I'm in favor of the minimum being $50 and it being up to the individual if they want to spend more than that.

I'd definitely like to see more diversity in the selection of givers/recipients. Last year my gifter was also my giftee and while I was extremely happy with what I was given and I hoped they were happy with what they received, it felt kind of cordoned off from the rest of the group.  :-\

Also, I think requests should be items that someone would be reasonably able to acquire.  ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »
So late getting started, should've started this in May. Don't ya think?

I guess sign me up, but I'll probably need a reminder by the time the shopping season actually starts.

indenton

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:08:56 pm »
I originally signed up for it last year, but my involvement went on the back-burner and I was dropped out. 

I'll do my best not to repeat that, count me in!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:41 pm »
I'll participate!

3DS FC: 3394 - 4954 - 1426 (please message me if you add me!)
Wii U: digicults
MyFigureCollection: gamagooru