Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Yet Another Call Of Duty Game?  (Read 2168 times)

telly

Re: How Do You Feel About Yet Another Call Of Duty Game?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
I don't blame Activison at all for making more games after Cod 4, lol. They'd be mad not to with how successful it was.  ::) And Cod 4 had plenty of problems with fragx3, killstreaks stacking after death, the M16, etc.

And I really don't think it's hurting anybody what they're doing now. It does feel like they've run out of ideas now that they've gone back to WW2 though...
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 03:49:34 pm »
Yawn.  Another entry in the cash cow franchise focusing on dumb multiplayer modes where you can get berated by 12 year old kids with a foul mouth or a someone with ganster/ghetto language spewing unintelligible drivel non-stop.  No.  Thanks. 

Oh, and COD would actually be worth a crap if they had a lengthy single player campaign.  Because the campaigns are pretty good.  Take Advanced Warfare for example, that was one of the best campaigns I've played in a true FPS ever...until it ended after ~5 hours of playtime. 

If I'm not mistaken, they are removing a lot of historical accuracies from the game so as to not offend folks.

This is stupid and wrong on so many levels.  I won't bother going in to any deep details unless I get asked.  Not surprised that this is more instance of political bullsh*t being injected in to our games.  I will close this with a saying...  Bonus points to anyone who knows who said this WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET.  :D

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Also spoken as: "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it".

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 05:36:00 pm »
Yawn.  Another entry in the cash cow franchise focusing on dumb multiplayer modes where you can get berated by 12 year old kids with a foul mouth or a someone with ganster/ghetto language spewing unintelligible drivel non-stop.  No.  Thanks. 

Oh, and COD would actually be worth a crap if they had a lengthy single player campaign.  Because the campaigns are pretty good.  Take Advanced Warfare for example, that was one of the best campaigns I've played in a true FPS ever...until it ended after ~5 hours of playtime. 

If I'm not mistaken, they are removing a lot of historical accuracies from the game so as to not offend folks.

This is stupid and wrong on so many levels.  I won't bother going in to any deep details unless I get asked.  Not surprised that this is more instance of political bullsh*t being injected in to our games.  I will close this with a saying...  Bonus points to anyone who knows who said this WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET.  :D

They aren't injecting political elements into the game, I think it's actually quite the opposite.  With the climate as it is, I think they want to have a game with as much widespread mainstream appeal and zero controversy as possible, which wrongly takes a pivotal point in history and gamifies it too much.  As it turns out, trying to have no controversy, leads to controversy a lot of the time.

On the other hand, we got Wolfenstein 2 who is embracing everything about itself, and tapping into elements of the current political climate, and making it work in its marketing, which is something only this specific game at this specific time in history can really do and boy do I want that game lol

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 06:37:02 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:16:33 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 08:16:21 pm »
It is a political issue.  Removing certain things because it may offend someone is by its very definition political.  Just look at all of the idiots wanting to removing historical statues in the USA right now because it may or does "offend" someone.  :)

That's not particularly a political issue, it's about making sure to have widespread appeal.  It's more of a clear business decision than anything meant to be specifically political.  I don't think Activision gives a crap about what statement they are making, it's simply "What will get us the most gamers", which means making things as a safe and generic as possible, regardless of historical inaccuracy.  Also the statues coming down have plenty of reasons to be gone, being that they are glorifying the confederacy.  See little issue with them being put into private collections or museums and the cheap, junk, ones tossed into the trash.  Should read up a little more on them, the statues were far more insidious than simply being historical remembrance.

Care to expand what you're referring to?  I haven't read or seen much about this game.  Because last I checked its still about killing Nazi's yea?

Basically there was a twitter ad that they did with the words "Make America Nazi-Free Again" among something else said I think, but I forget the full deal.  Taps into current issues while not seeming out of place with the game itself due to the subject matter of Nazi's occupying the USA.

CODWW2 and Wolfenstein 2 are basically two opposite ends of the spectrum right now.  One is trying to be safe with broad, mainstream, appeal, the other is just "Fuck Nazi's" and is certainly getting my money...though after Super Mario Odyssey, because some jerks decided that releasing them on the same day would be alright!

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 09:59:04 pm »

They aren't removing historical accuracy or censoring anything, that was only a myth that misinformed articles spread before they made their announcements and released their trailers. The Swastika was visible in the campaign trailer and sledgehammer has confirmed that the symbols, verbage and battle scenes will be historically duplicated with no censoring or altering. They also reference the holocaust in the trailer, speak on the Jewish casualties and have a game mode called "Nazi Zombies" in which you kill the undead fleet of Hitler's desciples.  They held no punches thankfully. :)

I hate censorship more than almost anything and I almost didn't pre order WW2 when I heard it was going to be a SJW fest but even through the turbulent and racially diviscive time in America, they still cared enough about historcial accuracy to shrug off the SJWs complaining and will keep it an authentic World War II experience.  The way the media is trying to manipulate everything from the past to the present and make entire fabrications especially from the liberal elite is scary. So it's good the big titles like Wolfenstien and COD show what the facts are.  I just hope it's extremely gorey and dark as the war was.

Multiplayer is a different story as it's a social hub with fictional tournament style battle meant for interaction and not political or historical accuracy.  So with Multiplayer their is female soldiers and black soldiers on both sides including axis just for inclusion so people can play as themselves.  Which is ok imo. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:16:23 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 10:25:03 pm »

They aren't removing historical accuracy or censoring anything, that was only a myth that misinformed articles spread before they made their announcements and released their trailers. The Swastika was visible in the campaign trailer and sledgehammer has confirmed that the symbols, verbage and battle scenes will be historically duplicated with no censoring or altering. They also reference the holocaust in the trailer, speak on the Jewish casualties and have a game mode called "Nazi Zombies" in which you kill the undead fleet of Hitler's desciples.  They held no punches thankfully. :)

I hate censorship more than almost anything and I almost didn't pre order WW2 when I heard it was going to be a SJW fest but even through the turbulent and racially diviscive time in America, they still cared enough about historcial accuracy to shrug off the SJWs complaining and will keep it an authentic World War II experience.  The way the media is trying to manipulate everything from the past to the present and make entire fabrications especially from the liberal elite is scary. So it's good the big titles like Wolfenstien and COD show what the facts are.  I just hope it's extremely gorey and dark as the war was.

Multiplayer is a different story as it's a social hub with fictional tournament style battle meant for interaction and not political or historical accuracy.  So with Multiplayer their is female soldiers and black soldiers on both sides including axis just for inclusion so people can play as themselves.  Which is ok imo. :)

That actually did clarify things.  I double checked the story trailer and it did have swastikas in it, which came out a month ago, so wasn't information I had, and my point about them wanting more widespread appeal was pretty right on for at least the multiplayer portion as historical accuracy (As far as CoD game would do it), isn't really important there. I'll probably rent the game to just run through the short story mode when it comes out.  I don't expect it to be great, but they are usually competent.

azure

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 10:55:05 pm »
I'm indifferent, it doesn't really affect me. I fell off the series at Black Ops, still enjoy the prior games though.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 08:11:29 pm »
Dont care munch. I use to be a big fan years ago on Xbox 360 (own 7 COD games), but lost interest after COD Ghost.

I may buy another COD if I see it for 10$.

(COD4 still one of my favorite FPS of all time, it was so unique when it came out.)

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:36 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about more CoD. I was a big fan of MW3 and Black Ops II. But after they introduced the jet packs in Advanced Warfare, I stopped buying them. I might take the plunge for WWII, but I'm still on the fence about it.