Author Topic: Mario Odyssey Discussion!  (Read 4649 times)

Mario Odyssey Discussion!
« on: October 26, 2017, 02:09:43 pm »
Yet another 10/10 game from the big N :). I will finally get my hands on my long awaited copy tomorrow and this day will feel like a month  ;D.   I'm so excited for this more than almost any other game in my life and I feel like a kid again.  In the mean time I will try to avoid the negative fan bases from both Xbox and PS4 in the mean time as they come up with hate and rumors as to why Nintendo has had 2 10/10 games in one year instead of just letting us be happy.  But that's just the toxicity.  I can escape it here. 

This post can be for all our pre release angst and fun and to discuss when the game drops :)

So far almost every reviewer has rated it a masterpiece.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:11:33 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: Mario Odyssey Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:21:06 pm »
Doing the midnight launch for it tonight as I'm too excited to wait till tomorrow to pick it up.  This and Breath of the Wild were two of my most hyped games of the year.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
I have not been this hyped for a Mario game since Super Mario 64. It looks incredible and the consistent perfect and near-perfect scores have be dying to play this right now. I am going to pick it up until midnight, stay up until probably 3am playing it, hate myself at work all day tomorrow for staying up that late, and then do it again Friday night lol.

hexen

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 06:47:17 pm »
I am quite excited... excited enough to buy a Switch for the game, which says something. Ever since Super Mario World when I was a lad, which I wanted to get an SNES for I have not been so hyped for Mario. I wasn't following news (as a lad) when Mario 64 was coming out, but when I did play it it certainly blew me away. I wasn't overly hyped for Sunshine, but I did get it pretty quick and enjoyed it. The Galaxy games really didn't hype me too much... the planetoids stuff was meh, I prefer a big open world which is why Odyssey seems like such a refreshing return to form.

I have a Mario Odyssey Switch on the way that should arrive tomorrow, which will be my first time playing the Switch at all. I'm excited to do some more open-world collecting as Hat In Time really didn't do it for me outside of the first world, which sucks as I had been expecting that game for years.

This kind of Mario game is usually a once-in-a-generation thing, so there is definitely cause for excitement. Only worry is they've blown their 2 biggest franchises already and as stated it'll likely be another generation before more. I hope they have a new Donkey Kong platformer or a Majora's Mask style asset re-use project for Mario or Zelda... also Pokemon Switch project.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:02 pm »
pickin up the Switch bundle tomorrow

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 11:32:56 am »
Just picked up my copy!  :D.  So excited to finally play it.  I'll most likely edit this post with my first thoughts soon. :)

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 12:37:25 pm »
I'm likely gonna do my damnedest to just ignore this topic until I get through the game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:51:38 pm »
MY copy is at the house.  Too bad it has to be put up for The Boy's Christmas   :'(

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »
MY copy is at the house.  Too bad it has to be put up for The Boy's Christmas   :'(

It'll be worth it! The co op play is great and is available from the very beginning of the story! Great for kids and people like me who are terrible with platforming, haha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »
I don't know if I'll ever be able to be like that.  Hiding things away like that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 01:33:22 pm »
I don't know if I'll ever be able to be like that.  Hiding things away like that.

Pokken Tournament is stashed too.  I think I may finally need to get that extra switch controller

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
Super Mario Odyssey is amazing so far! :D.   Easily the best Mario ive played in quite some time :).   

hexen

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »
Sigh... the Mario Oddysey Switch bundle comes with a mother****ing DOWNLOAD CODE. Seriously? They couldn't bundle a damn physical game? I mean, I should have read the description better but still.... god dammit, I am pretty pissed.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 03:59:41 pm »
Sigh... the Mario Oddysey Switch bundle comes with a mother****ing DOWNLOAD CODE. Seriously? They couldn't bundle a damn physical game? I mean, I should have read the description better but still.... god dammit, I am pretty pissed.

I'm not surprised. Nintendo has been doing this for a while. My Mario & Luigi 3DS bundle was digital. And my Wii U Super Mario 3D World/Nintendoland bundle was also digital.

hexen

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »

I'm not surprised. Nintendo has been doing this for a while. My Mario & Luigi 3DS bundle was digital. And my Wii U Super Mario 3D World/Nintendoland bundle was also digital.

Interesting, I also got the 3D world/Nintendoland bundle but they where both physical.