Author Topic: Black Friday 2017!  (Read 2911 times)

Black Friday 2017!
« on: November 09, 2017, 08:51:35 pm »
Anyone supercalifragalisticexpialidocious about this year's black friday deals? :D    I can't believe some of the games I have been meaning to get have dropped dramatically :).   Here are some of the notable deals so everyone sees.

Target

Playstation 4 1TB Slim Model (199.99 USD)
South Park the Fractured But Whole (30 USD)
Legend of Zelda edition 2DS with Orcarina of time pre downloaded (79 USD)

Walmart

Same PS4 sale
Same south park sale
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch (19 USD)
Rayman Legends for Switch (19 USD)
Mutliple 3DS games including Smash, Kirby Planet Robobot, and others for (25 USD)
Xbox One S 500 GB (189.99)
COD WW2 (49)
COD Double Pack with Infinite warfare (59)
1-2 Switch (29 USD)
GTA San Andreas 360 (9 USD)
Assassins creed origins 35 USD

Also some impressivle deals on 4K sets.

Here is a visual representation of more of the ad for reference. 

These may be the best black friday deals I have ever seen so far.  Is anyone excited for any of these? :D   

I'm hoping I can save up enough because I need and want so much of this.   I want Rayman for switch, I want south park, I want assassins creed origins, and I especially want a PS4 slim.   All flawlessly cheap. :)

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday season this year.  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:54:03 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: Black Friday 2017!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:04:50 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:10:29 pm by jce3000gt »

soera

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »
Im looking forward to seeing some of these upcoming ads. I usually do Toys R Us, Walmart, and Best buy. I went to Target last year for a special Skylander deal.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:31:24 am »
I'm actually surprised at how little my excitement is for those sales.

I know I want Assassin's Creed, South Park, and Shadow of War, but I can't even justify a $30 price tag with how cheap each of their predecessors dropped (Out of them, Syndicate was the one I paid the most for at $15 and that even includes buying two copies of Shadow of Mordor).

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:19:01 am »
Between my GF and I we have a lot of PS4 games on our wishlists; sadly most of them are not at your big name retail stores anymore or they haven't been listed as being part of these sales, but who know. I'm really holding out for Gamestop's Black Friday ad, which will hopefully include more of the games I am after this year.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 01:59:46 pm »
a Huge one for people who go to Kohl's

PS4 1TB hd 199.99 with $60 back in Kohl's cash. (Meaning its technically 139.99)

XBOX 1 S 500GB HD 189.99 with $45 back in Kohl's cash. (technically 144.99)

EDIT:

Is there any word of a switch black Friday deal?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:06:41 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 03:31:11 pm »
There doesn't really appear to be anything worthwhile this year for the "big deal" but i do live in Canada... Im hoping for a sale on Arms or something though... and maybe the ps4 version of sp. :/

doafan

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »
I'll wait to see if there are any special discounts at the Xbox Live Store, still want at least three games for the 360 and guess that's all, my priority right now is the 3DS  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 05:46:57 pm »
I'll wait to see if there are any special discounts at the Xbox Live Store

I'm hoping for some good discounts on a few titles there as well. It really helps that Microsoft just randomly sent me a message over live with a $5 credit for the marketplace.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 12:01:13 am »
Crack Friday? Meh...  Save 20$ here, 30$ there. Or just wait a month or so and buy it used for the same price without the five o' clock free crack give-away crowd.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 03:45:35 am »
Here's what I'm after so far this year. I'll likely add/subtract things as new sale ads are released.

Tekken 7 - $20 - Walmart
Neir Automata - $25 - Best Buy

There a local game store that is doing B2G1 on used PS4 games. I may get some stuff from there depending on what they have.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:05 am »
Crack Friday? Meh...  Save 20$ here, 30$ there. Or just wait a month or so and buy it used for the same price without the five o' clock free crack give-away crowd.

At least from my experience you only have to do that with the "doorbusters" which are usually home electronics like TVs, PCs, and sometimes game consoles. Actual games, movies and media in general usually lasts for most of the day since they typically have so much of it in stock. I didn't do Black Friday last year due to the stomach flu, but the year before that I started at like noon and got 90% of the stuff I was after. I definitely agree that the people who line up at 4am Thanksgiving to get a TV for half off are stupid as hell.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »

At least from my experience you only have to do that with the "doorbusters" which are usually home electronics like TVs, PCs, and sometimes game consoles. Actual games, movies and media in general usually lasts for most of the day since they typically have so much of it in stock. I didn't do Black Friday last year due to the stomach flu, but the year before that I started at like noon and got 90% of the stuff I was after. I definitely agree that the people who line up at 4am Thanksgiving to get a TV for half off are stupid as hell.

The past few years I have waited in line to get consoles lol. I actually enjoy it. It's more of an occasion for me as I go with my brother and we hang out with lawn chairs and discuss games.  But I could see why it would look moronic to wait 3-5 hours to save 100 bucks :)

I'm hoping they give rain checks on the PS4 deal if you arrive before 1 like they did last year with the Xbox One.  If not I'm going to have to camp early.  Hopefully soon to be a happy PS4 owner.  :D

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 12:30:39 am »

The past few years I have waited in line to get consoles lol. I actually enjoy it. It's more of an occasion for me as I go with my brother and we hang out with lawn chairs and discuss games.  But I could see why it would look moronic to wait 3-5 hours to save 100 bucks :)

I'm hoping they give rain checks on the PS4 deal if you arrive before 1 like they did last year with the Xbox One.  If not I'm going to have to camp early.  Hopefully soon to be a happy PS4 owner.  :D

I ask myself, what is my time worth? The easiest way of calculating this is how much I make an hour at my job. Essentially if I had to wait 8 hours for a $200 discount it would definitely not be worth it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 01:19:42 am »

One year I waited near a crowd gathered around a display in that was mostly all movies and games. They had people guarding it up to the minute. As soon as the minute struck, they all dove in like a pack of wolves tearing into meat. Was pretty barbaric, but when the dust settled they had few Mario Kart 8 left. It was mostly Xbox / PS shooter titles they scavenged. I saw people carrying around arms full of the same game, even though the ad clearly stated 2 per customer. Just idiot re-sellers I guess, looking to make a buck off of the sale. Many seek to profit, or see if they can't flip some extra and get something for free out of these sales.

I just think it brings out the worst in many, so it's worth avoiding. GS usually runs holiday sales that last longer than just crack Friday and their stock on said items seems sufficient enough that anyone could walk in a probably get what they wanted.