Author Topic: If You Died Unexpectedly What Do You Think Would Happen To Your Collection  (Read 2044 times)

This topic got me thinking, because You can't take the games without if you like got into an accident.

The reason why I made such a sad thread was to get your thoughts on this, because people die from unknown causes a lot in their sleep. I am NOT referring to a planned death scenario like commenting suicide or anything like that.

and please, no! don't any of you attempt suicide because of this thread, I am only saying if it is an accident. who do you think your collection would go to, or would your family just trash everything of yours, or attempt to sell you life possessions at a garage sale.

Me? I would request in my will my games get used in some sort of public library I'm going on 29 soon if you need to know my age
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:43:11 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

Re: If You Died Unexpectedly What Do You Think Would Happen To Your Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:10:37 pm »
This topic got me thinking, because You can't take the games without if you like got into an accident.

The reason why I made such a sad thread was to get your thoughts on this, because people die from unknown causes a lot in their sleep. I am NOT referring to a planned death scenario like commenting suicide or anything like that.

and please, no! don't any of you attempt suicide because of this thread, I am only saying if it is an accident. who do you think your collection would go to, or would your family just trash everything of yours, or attempt to sell you life possessions at a garage sale.

Me? I would request in my will my games get used in some sort of public library I'm going on 29 soon if you need to know my age
It's a asset like anything else. It goes to whoever is in your will with your estate.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:46:08 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:07:47 pm by jce3000gt »

thewelshman

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:21 am »
I told my wife to get with my best friend to help her price everything and sell it if she needed to. Otherwise, split the collection between my two sons.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:05:19 am »
It'd just go to my spouse, since they're also a bit of a gamer as well :), But ultimately it's just stuff, what happens to it doesn't really matter too much once im gone.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:24:00 am »
My collection has always belonged to my girlfriend and I; I began collecting, at least heavily, after her and I started living together and she has contributed to it pretty heavily over the years. Without a doubt it would go her, along with 95% of all my other belongings.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:56:30 am »
I've made it very clear that I'm to be buried in my PlayChoice-10.  After that, my brother can have what he wants then sell the rest. I don't give a shit.  I'll be dead.  :D

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 11:38:09 am »
It would be sold off.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 01:59:44 pm »
Definitely going to my boyfriend - he'll need something to play while he's grieving  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »
It will all go to my husband who will sell every bit of it. He is NOT a gamer. Lol!

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 03:12:15 pm »
I've made it very clear that I'm to be buried in my PlayChoice-10.  After that, my brother can have what he wants then sell the rest. I don't give a shit.  I'll be dead.  :D

got it so I need to keep an eye out for your obituary and rob your grave ;) lol

My collection will go to my soon to be wife. she is not a collector but is fully aware of its value and will end up selling most of it. she will no doubt keep any newer Nintendo stuff because she Is a Nintendo fan girl but everything else will get sold.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 03:17:20 pm »

That's fine and dandy, but you'll have a dead, stinking turf in there to get rid of. 

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 03:44:01 pm »
My fiancé is under instructions to make an account over at Atariage, announce what happened, and get their help selling off my collection.

In my time there, I've found those folks to be a pretty chill & largely honest group. It would make a good match for his personality, so hopefully the offload would be less troublesome than trying to do all the research himself (which he is capable of, I just don't want him to take that kind of task on.)

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 05:31:35 pm »

That's fine and dandy, but you'll have a dead, stinking turf in there to get rid of.

I'll bring some hand sanitizer and Air Fresheners with me when the time comes 8)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
my collection would be left to my son he already has quite a collection of his own close to 5000 games alot of which I wish I had in my own collection.(Think he try's to get things I don't have to make me jealous lol.)Anyway when I die his collection should be over 17000 games but there would still be alot of extra copies.