Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon getting a physical release!  (Read 1112 times)

arkaneer

Darkest Dungeon getting a physical release!
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:35:00 pm »
One of by favourite games is coming to PS4 and Switch :

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/24/darkest-dungeon-getting-physical-switch-playstation-4-release/

I may have to buy a switch for this game...I think it would be awesome for that machine  ;D

pacpix

Re: Darkest Dungeon getting a physical release!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:47:16 pm »
Well shit, I already bought a digital copy for switch...

But I mean this is VGCollect, it's not like having a copy of a game has stopped me from buying a different variant/physical release before  ;D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

hexen

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 12:55:21 pm »
I've always been interested, a physical Switch version is probably going to get me to finally try it!
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

thewelshman

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:07:54 pm »

But I mean this is VGCollect, it's not like having a copy of a game has stopped me from buying a different variant/physical release before  ;D

That's the spirit!!! I've put in a lot of time on this game on the PC, but I can't avoid owning a physical copy.

arkaneer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:15 pm »

Excellent  :)

How are the controls on the Switch? I remember a lot of complaints of janky controls when the PS4 version launched.

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:18:27 pm »

Excellent  :)

How are the controls on the Switch? I remember a lot of complaints of janky controls when the PS4 version launched.

The controls are definitely awkward on Switch.  However you get used to them after a while.  Unfortunately the worst offenders are the controls in the dungeons themselves for map/inventory/party management which is a little frustrating.

I wouldn't call them bad or broken, but certainly not the most intuitive.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)