Author Topic: 'Solving' displaying Gameboy cartridges?  (Read 5689 times)

topspot123

'Solving' displaying Gameboy cartridges?
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:55:27 pm »
It's a bold claim, but if you've had issues with figuring out how to display or shelf your Gameboy games (or other cartridges), I might have developed a new solution.

Click the picture to see the video, thanks!

If you liked the video, please help spread it around.  Thanks for your support!

Newly added follow up video!

I have a playlist of all of my Game Room Ideas videos, you can click here to check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoy-JzdniY&list=PLtQ6VnXl2RChS4YsT1KSvIwu4iS-uVaCX

I've made the kind of content that I hope users on a video game collection website would find interesting and/or helpful.  My collection is one of my passions and I love to think about it's problems and share any solutions that I've created or found helpful.  I would enjoy your feedback, either here or on the youtube comments.  Thank you again.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:14:20 pm by topspot123 »

aliensstudios

Re: 'Solving' displaying Gameboy cartridges?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:04:22 pm »
 :o Wow, that is an insanely good idea! I really like this, especially those little Game Boy games! You could probably sell these on the Etsy marketplace. For now, I'll just leave my game paks bare, but this seems like one of those most cost effective ways to make your games look cib without paying for a repro or tracking down universal and DS game cases.
This is very crafty and I think the others on the site will love this!
Subbed and liked. Great stuff!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

topspot123

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
:o Wow, that is an insanely good idea! I really like this, especially those little Game Boy games! You could probably sell these on the Etsy marketplace. For now, I'll just leave my game paks bare, but this seems like one of those most cost effective ways to make your games look cib without paying for a repro or tracking down universal and DS game cases.

Those are kind words and I thank you very much.  I'm already one of your subscribers too, I like your game reviews and comparisons.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »
Great video! Very well done... gosh, these mini boxes are ADORABLE. <3 And a great idea, since it can be used with any game!  ;D

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:39:32 am »

Those are kind words and I thank you very much.  I'm already one of your subscribers too, I like your game reviews and comparisons.
Yeah, I'd like to make some more. I've got tons of ideas, it's just motivating myself to make them that's the problem. Checked out more of your videos, lot's of great content! Not just someone who is like "look what I have" but someone with a lot of useful tips and info. Keep up the awesome vids and subs will flock to your channel in no time!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:06 pm »
Nice video! Very professional and informative. :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 04:08:14 pm »
Good video and very nice boxes :)

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:59 am »
This is exactly what I've been doing with Game Gear games.  They fit fantastic on cassette holders.

https://imgur.com/3CRWFTb

topspot123

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »
This is exactly what I've been doing with Game Gear games.  They fit fantastic on cassette holders.

Beautiful!

topspot123

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:53 pm »

I was hoping you could tell me more about these.  I'm curious about where you got the idea or designs.  Thanks for any info!

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 05:27:47 pm »
Lol I was paroosing around on youtube and this video actually showed up in the recommended video listing. So I watched it a second time (once on main and once on secondary account). ill tell you what its actually a lot better when you can hear the video. Although I can honestly say I will never use this method it is very good.

I am actually working on a conceptualization for a rotating shelving unit that keeps the games compact but cycles through to show the game faces.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully