Author Topic: Why you should buy Xenoblade  (Read 8110 times)

Why you should buy Xenoblade
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »
I've never played Xenoblade, but friends of mine who have rave about it. They say it is similar to FF 12, my favorite FF ever.

Anyway, the game is coming out in the US this April. The only place selling it will be GameStop. My local Gamestop, which is a very busy one, only has 10 preorders. 8 if you exclude me and an employee that works there.

So, why should you buy this game? Like Suikoden 2, it is coming out at the end of a system's life cycle. It is a cult RPG that will have a limited release (only people who preorder get one). The price for this game is bound to go up. May be worth checking out.

Also, hold on to your Mass Effect 1s, as the price for this game has gone up, too.

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

Re: Why you should buy Xenoblade
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:53:56 pm »
I already have mine pre ordered and I can't wait to get my hands on it. ^_^

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:34:59 am »
I signed the petitions during Operation Rainfall.  My copy of Xenoblade is already preordered, I'm also going to get The Last Story set to release stateside in June.  Now it may be to much to ask for Pandora's Tower, but two outta three isn't bad.   :D

Actually how much advertising is going into this.  Knowing Gamestop not a whole heck of a lot.  I wouldn't be surprised If Nintendo caved just to rub our noses in it later.   :'(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:11:22 am by ffxik »

blipcs76

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:32 am »
I'll have to hit Gamestop this weekend and preorder.  Otherwise, I'll be kicking myself when this is selling for $100 in a few years.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
Same as ffxik. Pre-ordered my copy as soon as pre-ordering was available here in Canadaland, and the same with The Last Story. Did a few of the Operation Rainfall things too.

I do know EBgames here is doing at least some advertising for it, they have a big poster for it behind the register, and it's been on top of their "highest selling" for Wii on their website ever since it went up for pre-order so it's getting some visibility at least. Not sure how well it's gonna do considering it's only selling at 1 retailer, but we'll see.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:47 am »
Update -

Just checked our prices on eBay. Art book that came with preorder is around $20. Game is BIN for $69, although you can get it for a less if you probably auction.

There's still time to get in on these hot games. The Last Story is set for April 19. That is a limited print, so that's bound to go up.

I'm about 10 hours in Xenoblade and having a blast. Really pleased I checked this game out.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:25:58 am »
They say it is similar to FF 12, my favorite FF ever.

Aside from having big open spaces and battles in said places.. no. Not at all.

It IS however, a fantastic and fun RPG that cuts a lot of the cruft (back-tracking, streamlined subquests, etc) and does most everything right.

Also delicious British voice-acting.

WITNESS THE POWER OF THE MONADO!

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:48 am »
Update -

Just checked our prices on eBay. Art book that came with preorder is around $20. Game is BIN for $69, although you can get it for a less if you probably auction.

There's still time to get in on these hot games. The Last Story is set for April 19. That is a limited print, so that's bound to go up.

I'm about 10 hours in Xenoblade and having a blast. Really pleased I checked this game out.

That would be June not April.

blipcs76

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:08:22 am »
I was out of town since Friday, so I'll be swinging by Gamestop tonight to pick up my copy.  I'm tempted to just keep it sealed :/

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »
I don't even own a Wii, and I'm kicking myself for not preordering this title.  Looks really good, and I'd love to get my hands on that art book.

Maybe I'll drop by my local Gamestop on my break today and ask if anyone hasn't picked up their preorder... *fingers crossed*
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 01:22:18 am »
I don't even own a Wii, and I'm kicking myself for not preordering this title.  Looks really good, and I'd love to get my hands on that art book.

Maybe I'll drop by my local Gamestop on my break today and ask if anyone hasn't picked up their preorder... *fingers crossed*

I must say, that the art book is actually really high quality. The pages are super thick, really high gloss. The cover of the book has texture sticking out of the page, too. This will go right with my strategy guide collection. Good luck. Please update here if you are having trouble finding the game, or if you found it no problem. I'm curious what inventory is like.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 11:19:12 am »

I must say, that the art book is actually really high quality. The pages are super thick, really high gloss. The cover of the book has texture sticking out of the page, too. This will go right with my strategy guide collection. Good luck. Please update here if you are having trouble finding the game, or if you found it no problem. I'm curious what inventory is like.

My local Gamestop says they don't currently have any extras but if someone cancels their reservation (I would highly doubt it unless it's a money issue), they'd put it aside for me.  I might give the other Gamestops a call to see if they happen to have any extras on hand for any reason...  For those of you who worked at the shop, do you know if you'd occasionally get an extra copy from the distributor for any reason?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »
I find it strange that they didn't just give you one of the pre-ordered copies that weren't picked up yet. I think it's something like... 48 hours after release, they just start selling pre-ordered copies that weren't picked up, it's apparently in their policies somewhere.

It happened to one of my friends once... Okay, actually twice, but one of the times they messed up majorly, selling my friend's pre-order about 2 hours after the game came out (it was Monster Hunter Tri and they had no more copies in stock), he was PISSED.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 02:25:03 pm »
I find it strange that they didn't just give you one of the pre-ordered copies that weren't picked up yet. I think it's something like... 48 hours after release, they just start selling pre-ordered copies that weren't picked up, it's apparently in their policies somewhere.

It happened to one of my friends once... Okay, actually twice, but one of the times they messed up majorly, selling my friend's pre-order about 2 hours after the game came out (it was Monster Hunter Tri and they had no more copies in stock), he was PISSED.

You're right; it does look like it's in their policy for at least pre-orders you place online to pick up in the store: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/In_Store_Pickup.aspx

Maybe I'll bug them again today or tomorrow to see if they can sell it to me.  I've heard them calling people about their preorders about a week after they've received the items, and in their messages they told them to let them know as soon as possible whether they plan to pick them up or will allow the store to sell them.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »
As far as Nintendo not promoting it...I got a pretty sweet Xenoblade poster at their booth at PAX, so they are at least acknowledging the release.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."