Author Topic: Your Favorite Sports Games Or Peevs  (Read 1280 times)

Your Favorite Sports Games Or Peevs
« on: December 30, 2017, 07:41:25 pm »
I made another topic about Sports Games over 120 days ago. And I don't want to be a bother. But, what sports games do you have in your collection, and if so, name some of your most favorites. and why you like them, or not.

My favorite sport genres is
1:Hockey
2: Golf
3:Basketball
4: Soccer/International Football
5: Baseball
6: American Football

I currently don't like Madden Football games because I'd rather not deal with the intense coaching strategy. In fact most EA sports games period. force you to tweak strategy in order for you to keep wining.

just like in NHL 2004 and later years where. If you want to keep winning you must change the coaching strategy or else you'll lose or have a heck of a time with your players going completely off sync or your NPC players will start goofing off especially in the defense.

I am pretty good at NHL strategy but terrible at Football and Soccer Football games. Most of you might not know the secrets of winning in EA's NHL. But I can tell you if you can't score, or are always getting hit and if your players start goofing off and running in circles around the other team

making you painstakingly try to keep your players in line (then you must learn how to setup the correct coaching strategy) But in older NHL titles such as NHL 2003 and before there is a way to set your coaching strategy to auto leaving you less worry and difficulty but in NHL 2004 and later games they make you memorize the correct coaching strategy in the team options screen or else say goodbye to victory and hello to getting your ass kicked
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:51:43 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Favorite Sports Games Or Peevs
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:20:54 pm »
NBA Street is my favorite sports game

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:09:22 pm »
Association Football (or 'soccer')

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:52:09 pm »
There aren't any real sports games I like, all too boring, but I do enjoy stuff like Mario Golf, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, and extreme sports stuff such as Cool Boarders or the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 12:13:43 am »
There aren't any real sports games I like, all too boring, but I do enjoy stuff like Mario Golf, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, and extreme sports stuff such as Cool Boarders or the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Simulation sports games bore me to sleep. I find arcade sports games tolerable, but still not much fun, with Mario Kart & Mario Strikers being the only real exceptions.

Pretty much the only reason I have any sports games in my collection at all is because they're dirt cheap and to complete the collection. Hell, by the time I reached 500 games for the 360, I only had 3 sports titles for the system.

thewelshman

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »
I loved Cool Boarders and the older Tony Hawk games, but Hockey is about the only sport game I play anymore. I have an old baseball game I go back to from time to time to put more time into a career mode. Career mode is about the only thing I do play on the games as I don't play online and he only time I play co-op is with my son.

NBA Jam was always a game I could go to for some hours of fun.

I used to absolutely love the Madden games, but anymore it seems you buy the new releases to get an updated roster.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 06:44:00 am »
I LOVE sports games! I hate the fact that so many video game collectors look down on sports game just because they're not into sports tbh.
I love all type of sports games, Skateboarding (Tony Hawk's, Skate), Snowboarding (SSX, Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarding, Amped, Steep...), MMA (EA UFCs), Basketball (NBA Lives, NBA 2Ks, Street Hoops, NBA Streets, NBA Jams...), Football (FIFAs, PES, FIFA Street...), Wrestling (WWEs and Backyard Wrestling)...
I've also played NFL 2017 and Madden 2017 and while both games are good i'm just not that into both of these sports, especially American Football.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 04:40:20 pm »
I tend to be in the same boat as a few other posters, preferring more 'arcade' or 'odd' sports games (SSX series esp "Tricky", Blades of Steel, Super Dodge Ball, NBA Jam, etc. - heck, even stuff like Blood Bowl are pretty fun... I just can't do Madden or the like... they burn me out too quick).

Guess I just like sports games that don't take themselves too seriously :P

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 07:12:16 pm »
I used to love International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on the SNES, but I’ve never been much of a fan of the subsequent games on that series (or its spiritual successor, the Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer series).

Apart from that, I’m a huge fan of the Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū (Pawa Puro) series of baseball games.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:18:56 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:58:55 pm by jce3000gt »

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:10 am »
Major League Manager, a DOS baseball game from 1986, which had a 1990 (with stats from 1989) edition that was sold on floppy disk around that time. I still run this game in DOSBox and have played it at least once a month since I bought it around 1993 or so. I even played it yesterday! I have modified this to have current teams but not the divisions. I cannot determine if that is even possible to do and I can find no way to even determine how the game is actually constructed. I will be making another version too (because I like most of the world didn't realise the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim changed their team name in 2016) and then put the new version on my notebook so I can run it in my sports room.

I have played many hours and seasons on NHL 2001, NHL 2002,  NHL 2004 and NHL 06 on PC. I even used to be the only person making updated rosters for NHL 06. I also remember enjoying NHL 95 on DOS in the 1990s. For baseball games besides MLM I remember playing Triple Play 99 and a warez copy of MVP 2005, which was a short-print/recall game... Still quite expensive as far as sports games go and I believe it is still the last MLB game of its type released on PC outside of things like Backyard Baseball and OOTP/Mogul series.

On Genesis, I can't say I have any ones I like to play. I did play a few baseball games on short season to win the World Series to qualify for Sega-16's "Can we beat all the Genesis games" challenge a few years ago. I think I played most sports games on PS2. ESPN Baseball I had tried an entire season and even it corrupted and the numbers got all messed up. And then the disc stopped working. That is the only game I recall having to rebuy for that reason. I have also played many other baseball games on PS2, such as MLB Slugfest Loaded. I did enjoy the presentation on The Show series on PS3 but I never figured out how to use custom rosters. I have also put in time to win the Super Bowl in the first year on dynasty mode on Madden NFL 10 on PS2, and have played Madden 2004 (which is unplayable now) and Madden 2008.

The only other console I had played sports game on a lot was on the Saturn. World Series Baseball and 2, Frank Thomas Big Hurt and All-Star editions. NHL Powerplay 96 and NHL 97, Bottom of the Ninth. In fact it was a baseball game that got me to want a Saturn in the first place, playing the demo unit at Ames (department store) that had the Bootleg Sampler in it, and my friend and I would just play the home run derby for hours.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 08:26:53 pm »
Any of the Street sports games (Fifa Street, NBA Street and most especially NFL street 2) from the now defunct EA BIG branch are some of the best games ive played let alone sports games. I really love them a lot :).

NFL Street 2 is in my top 10-15 favorite games of all time list.  It's truly arcade style, mini game packed football fun and with a friend it's truly blood pumping action :D.

My top 5 favorite sports games would probably be

1. NFL Street 2
2. Tecmo Bowl (NES)
3. Mike Tyson's Punchout
4. Super Mario Strikers
5. Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 olympic games.

I do like sports games but they are so recyclable year after year with Madden, Fifa and 2k franchises lately.  and have become micro trans pits.   I used to be a sports video game addict when I was young.  Me and my brother had some epic memories on those.