Author Topic: Does anyone here love Minecraft? Does anyone dislike it?  (Read 2002 times)

Does anyone here love Minecraft? Does anyone dislike it?
« on: December 02, 2017, 07:28:15 pm »
Hello everyone :D.  I have just recently gotten into the whole minecraft craze after years of avoiding it because I thought it looked not my style of game and a game for little kids with blocky graphics but ever since I played it it's really addictive and fun and one of the most open and endless games ive seen.  I love mining for diamonds and farming.  My inventory is getting large and now I have diamond armor and swords.  I eventually plan to slay the enderdragon :).   Minecraft is so awesome.

Has anyone else been bitten by the Minecraft bug or do you dislike it?   It seems to be very huge franchise only being outsold in gaming by tetris on multi platform sales :)

Re: Does anyone here love Minecraft? Does anyone dislike it?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:29 pm »
Years ago I was.  I actually bought it before it even launched, before Early Access was a common thing. I played it pretty regularly for years, especially once the overhaul mods came out.  Now it's more every other year I might reinstall it to fool around for abit.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:16:41 am »
Never even played it, but I do enjoy Terraria, which I've heard is like the side scrolling version of Minecraft.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 12:26:21 am »
Never even played it, but I do enjoy Terraria, which I've heard is like the side scrolling version of Minecraft.

Yeah basically.  Same concept, but more to actually do in the game as Terraria has bosses and NPC's and things like that, which add some more depth to the experience.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:38 am »
I LOVE Minecraft!

I was a late bloomer to the game and my first major exposure was on the PS3. The game is cathartic and relaxing as hell; I can literally lose hours just creating cities, underground layers, and exploring beneath the surface of the game world for hours. I love to make up stories in my head about the worlds I create, who the people are, what they're like, what different cities are in it, what the history behind the world is, pretty much everything. My main map I've been adding to for several years now has probably 150ish hours on it and I love adding a bit more everytime I decide to pop the game in.

I know that all sounds kind of hokey and Minecraft is something made for kids, but I adore the game on so many levels.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 05:09:13 am »
I never played it, I used to watch a few videos a it because my favorite youtuber played it a little but I never cared about the game. I think it's pretty overrated and calling it one of the best game ever is a reach but it's fun and has a good concept.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 01:39:33 pm »
My son loves it. I just can't get into it. I've tried multiple times. I end up falling asleep each time.

I think it's the music and the dullness of the textures and graphics. That combined with the fact that I design/build stuff all day everyday for work.

When I sit down to relax I don't want to design/build more stuff.

That said. I respect the fact that many people really enjoy this game and it scratches their creative itch.

thewelshman

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 03:44:46 pm »
My son loves it and the only time I have ever played it is with him. It's just never really appealed to me, but I'm also a 36 year old man who loves JRPGs, so it just might not be my cup of tea.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »
If I remember correctly I registered and paid for Minecraft around Christmas 2010 so I had the joy of choosing my username relatively freely. I had much fun with it, especially online but when my modded Minecraft savegame, in which I invested tons of hours, out of a sudden became corrupted I lost interest in the game. Still like the gameconcept and the memories but it provides no longterm motivation for me anymore.

Would love to see some of the machine addons being integrated into the vanilla game. Hate to fiddle around with mods and settings and hope everything is bugfree. Minecraft owes half of its popularity to the mods. Some of them should be in it out of the box.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 05:58:57 pm »
I played it on and off since alpha. Upon release I lost track of it. I can see some of the appeal, but I don't understand the mass hysteria surrounding it.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 10:37:43 pm »
I will build myself a modpack to play a couple times a year typically. I got the game similar to others in the thread when it was in its early stages, Beta stage officially I believe for me. I loved the game early on and was right in there with the craze. I'm lukewarm on where development is now with the game. I still play the Java version over the Windows 10 version because of the mod compatibility even if its still not a greatly optimized game, especially loaded with mods. I wish more focus had been put into the modding community a long time ago though to allow for easier integration and movement between versions as with each update to the main game it can lead to long waits for mods to update and many get left behind.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:07:49 am »
I've bought this game 3 or 4 times at this point.

Will probably buy it for the Switch at some point.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:05 am »
I was hardcore into Minecraft about 3 - 4 years ago. Remember the long nights playing he game with my cousin when he'd visit on the weekends.

Still think it's fun, I ignore the community for obvious reasons.

kevininja

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:08 am »
I got the game back when update 1.2.1 was about to release. Played a lot of it with friends and it was a lot of fun! We had our own servers for a while, played a lot of Hunger Games and even dabbled with the Technic Pack.

We kind of got tired with it and I never looked back at the game since.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 10:45:21 am »
I can only play modded now. Regular Minecraft is too boring. At least for me, I go through phases with Minecraft, and would play until the world corrupts or there is some other reason for me to stop playing. I have only played on a server once and it was iJevin's SkyBlock server. I played it for some time but I screwed up my spawner (it sprung a leak) so I pretty much couldn't play it anymore.

The current world I have is in Project Ozone 2, but I haven't played it in a few months now.

At this point I think I really would only play mods that have HQM (Hardcore Questing Mod) in it or a similar type thing.

There is some other mod that came out awhile ago that let's you build circuits, I want to try that out someday.