Author Topic: Gaming Resolutions for 2017  (Read 4728 times)

Re: Gaming Resolutions for 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »
I don't think all of these will be possible but whatever lol I can still hope :

1. Reach 400+ games
2. Get a Wii U
3. Get a PS4 or a Switch
4. Get more games for the the consoles I don't have a lot of games for
5. Get some great RPGs and Smups
6. Play/Finish 50 games

doafan

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 02:55:47 pm »
It seems that it will be a hard year but still want to get at least the three resolutions:

1.- Get a Wii U
2.- Get at least five 3DS titles
3.- Reach the 15,000 points of achievements.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 01:57:39 pm »
I don't think all of these will be possible but whatever lol I can still hope :
1. Reach 400+ games
2. Get a Wii U
3. Get a PS4 or a Switch
4. Get more games for the the consoles I don't have a lot of games for
5. Get some great RPGs and Smups
6. Play/Finish 50 games

Already half of the year pasted so here's an update

1. Reach 400+ games - Definitely above 400 games now if i'm counting digital copies too, if not i'm probably at around 360.
2. Get a Wii U - done
3. Get a PS4 or a Switch - I'm getting a PS4  for christmas so half way done I guess? I also already got Uncharted 4, even tho I have to play 6 months to play it lol. Definitely not getting the switch this year tho, but more around next summer when more games will be out!
4. Get more games for the the consoles I don't have a lot of games for Got a few games for Dreamcast/Xbox/N64 which were the consoles I had the less games for. Still don't have a lot but i'm getting there =)
5. Get some great RPGs and Smups - I got some really great RPGs and 1 Smups, might still buy 1 or 2 Smups.
6. Play/Finish 50 games - Already 34 games beat!

+ some new goals, not necessarily for this year tho :

7. Get a PSP/PSVita/3DS
8. Get some good DS/GB games

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 02:06:50 pm »
Collection related goals

1) Knock my wishlist back down to around 50.
2) Hit 5000 items in my collection (I'm hoping to buy significantly less next year)
3) Reinventory collection again.
4) Inventory guides/magazines.
5) Sell/Trade off dupes.

Game playing goals

1) Beat the Souls franchise (Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Dark Souls II done)
2) Beat the left over spinoff Assassin's Creed games
3) Beat Uncharted Golden Abyss
4) Play through the Metal Gear franchise (Metal Gear/MGSV done)
5) Play through the Resident Evil franchise
6) Play through the Ace Combat franchise (AC1-3 done)
7) Beat 104 games

1) Wishlist down to 50 - it's at 72 right now.  I did get down to 50, but then I added the N64 games I want to get closer to completing the set. (All but sports games)
2) Hit 5,000 items in my collection - Done.
3) Reinventory Collection - Still haven't worked on this one, might maybe try to possibly do this next weekend after I rearrange
4) Inventory Guides/Magazines - Nope
5) Sell/Trade dupes - Gonna give up on the trading, but I've been slowly selling dupes.  Bought ToeJam and Earl, Rule of Rose, Kuon, and a bunch of other high end titles with the money and I still have more to get rid of.

Game playing goals

1) Beat the Souls franchise (Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Dark Souls II/BloodBorne done)
7) Beat 104 games (55-6 games beat so far.)

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:50 am »
Collection related goals

1) Knock my wishlist back down to around 50.
2) Hit 5000 items in my collection (I'm hoping to buy significantly less next year)
3) Reinventory collection again.
4) Inventory guides/magazines.
5) Sell/Trade off dupes.

Game playing goals

1) Beat the Souls franchise (Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Dark Souls II/Bloodborne done)
7) Beat 104 games
An update to my Resolutions for 2017

1) Wishlist is around 100 right now, after the holidays I may cut out the stuff I don't care too much about, but this goal was silly regardless.
2) Hit over 5500
3) Started working on it, this will be continuous.
4) Nope.
5) Yup and bought some nice pricey games, still have more to sell.

1) Only have DS3 left
2) Nope.
3) Nope.
4) Nope, spent a lot of time in Phantom Pain though.
5) Nope.
6) Nope.
7) Sitting at 99 games beat and looking to beat 100 soon.

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 12:35:45 pm »
Next year will be a fairly light year for me in regards to gaming in general. I have a lot of important things I've been putting off for too long and video games, both playing and collecting them will be on the back burner. With that said I will still be collecting and playing games, just not near the volume I have in the past. With that said, this is what I hope to accomplish next year:

- Reach 2000 games in my collection
- Replay every game in my top 15 games and re-evaluate where they stand as my favorite games of all time
- Participate in the 52-games challenge for next year (probably wont even come close to reaching 52-games beat though)
- Shoot new Game Room Tour after reaching 2000 games (moving into a new place soon and I'll have a completely different game room to show off)
- Purchase a very special, and probably very expensive game for number 2000

Other than the 52 games challenge, I failed pretty bad on my 2017 resolutions lol

telly

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »
Buy 10 more games within the month and you'll knock off a bunch!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 12:55:58 pm »
Buy 10 more games within the month and you'll knock off a bunch!

If my collecting count was accurate that would work, but right now I have no idea how many games I'm at, probably around 1800 if I had to guess. I sold a lot of stuff since I last updated it on here.

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 01:42:20 pm »
End of the year update

1. Reach 400+ games - I don't really keep count of my game anymore but i'm pretty sure i'm either really close or have passed 400+ games
2. Get a Wii U - done
3. Get a PS4 or a Switch - done, got both
4. Get more games for the the consoles I don't have a lot of games for - While i'm still low on some console I was able to expand my OG Xbox, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and Wii U collection quite a bit
5. Get some great RPGs and Smups - I've played some really great RPGs however I haven't played any Smups despite buying one (Deathsmiles, that i'll play in 2018)
6. Play/Finish 50 games - done, currently at 116
7. Get a PSP/PSVita/3DS - done
8. Get some good DS/GB games - haven't bought any lmao, but I still want to lol

overall i'm pretty satisfied tbh

rayne315

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:53 am »
1. get the last .hack game got last recode which I will count
2. get every sword art online game (I just watched this for the first time and love it since .hack was my favorite anime) unachieved but I have every English game
3. complete next years 52 games challenge with more games finished than this year (currently sitting at 79 finished with 1 game retired based on the online only nature of it) unachievable. I beat 98 games last year and right now im sitting at 70 if you include my Fiance's completed list and phone games
4. lessen my collecting habit (the game store I go to increased the base price of games from $1 for throw away titles to $4 for those same titles) I have overall spent less money collecting this year than last year. its allowed me to save up pay off my car and put a substantial amount of money into stocks.
5. find better ways of displaying handheld games (I store gb/gba games in those 9 card sleves but when you take them out and put them back a few times it tears the edges of the sheets and looks horrible) this is a job for another day. I have an idea of what I want to do but it will require a lot of work.
6. get these for my ds/3ds collection or something similar (the cases can just be empty on my shelves if need be) http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Smoke+24+in+1+Game+Card+Case+Holder+Cartridge+Box+for+New+Nintendo+3DS+XL+LL&_trksid=p2047675.m4100 no items have been bought specifically for my ds games. I have a nuts and bolts organizer that I have my ds games in currently. unfortunately by the amount of compartments it is impossible to actually alphabetize them. just sort by first letter.
7. set up a backloggery (my backlog list from 2016 failed as I never updated it) I actually set up a how long to beat one but seeing how long it would take discouraged me and overall made me play less games this year.
8. keep beter up to date on all new additions to my collection (I always have a few months of backlog in non added games because im lazy) only in the last 2 months have I been updating it every 2 weeks or so. better than the 2-3 months.
9. get and setup a youtube account for my own enjoyment (really just need a capture device) achieved but my computer broke and I am unable to upload anything till I save up for a new one
10. attempt to keep up to date on LRGs (I have only every missed 2 releases and currently do not have 1 of those) In the last year I have only missed 2 releases and that was because the release date was updated less than 2 hours before release.

updates are in the quote. looks like I only am missing 3 items from my resolutions and a few that were only just barely there.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:05 pm »
It's rare for me to do the resolution thing, but eh...let's see.

*Continue to play more games
*Continue to buy more games

Actually, I guess that's it for now. Maybe I'll think of something more specific down the road. XD

Accomplished! e.e