Author Topic: Torchlight II Indiebox title rejection  (Read 974 times)

hexen

Torchlight II Indiebox title rejection
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:09:32 am »
I don't know who is charge of rejecting me, but perhaps you should look how all the other IndieBox games are titled? Every other one is stylized in the way I am submitting, and it's infuriating to have this one not fall in line. The person who added it just did it on the fly without specifics, and I made sure to take a look and make sure it is the correct one. If you don't like the style then go ahead and change every single other Indiebox entry to one you like, but do not make them freaking mismatched.

Perhaps the review process should have the name of the reviewer or a place to write a personalized message? I'm not just some random new person here, I've been doing this a long time and am doing the correct thing by trying to correct the entry instead of making a new one.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

Re: Torchlight II Indiebox title rejection
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:18 am »
Multiple people handle edit some are more reject happy than others

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:13:04 pm »
I don't know who is charge of rejecting me, but perhaps you should look how all the other IndieBox games are titled? Every other one is stylized in the way I am submitting, and it's infuriating to have this one not fall in line. The person who added it just did it on the fly without specifics, and I made sure to take a look and make sure it is the correct one. If you don't like the style then go ahead and change every single other Indiebox entry to one you like, but do not make them freaking mismatched.

Perhaps the review process should have the name of the reviewer or a place to write a personalized message? I'm not just some random new person here, I've been doing this a long time and am doing the correct thing by trying to correct the entry instead of making a new one.

Unfortunately, as you know, our current process does not include a text field for the reviewer to give an explanation outside of the generic reasons. Also unfortunately, once an edit is rejected, there isn't a way for other admins to look at the suggested edit. Without seeing the submitted edit, other admins can't help explain the choice for rejection. You're welcome to resubmit your edit or post what your edit was here and we can take a look at what may have been the problem.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 11:07:44 am »
The name that was attempted to be put onto this entry:
https://vgcollect.com/item/136145

Is not on the item itself and that was the reason for the rejection. The common "retail" name for this item is Torchlight II Collector's Edition, or Collector's Edition box, but these terms are not on the packaging.

The back of the box does say "Limited Edition" where the serial number is, so Torchlight II - Limited Edition would be the appropriate name to use. Then into the description, it can be put where this item comes from, and that on their website it was sold as Collector's Edition, etc.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:49 am »
Thanks for the explanation, Tripredacus!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:25:39 am »
Yes it would be helpful to be able to put a reason in the rejections. Sometimes I will send a PM if it is not obvious, but I do not always do this because I expect regular members to post into the forum about it.

But in the future, it would be best if you get a rejection on a name, to link to the item in question, and then the name you tried to put. Then others would be able to look at the entry and maybe see why it was rejected rather than waiting for the specific admin to see the post to answer the question.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 11:56:25 am »
Yes it would be helpful to be able to put a reason in the rejections. Sometimes I will send a PM if it is not obvious, but I do not always do this because I expect regular members to post into the forum about it.

But in the future, it would be best if you get a rejection on a name, to link to the item in question, and then the name you tried to put. Then others would be able to look at the entry and maybe see why it was rejected rather than waiting for the specific admin to see the post to answer the question.

+1 !
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:40 am »
Here is this item on Ebay so you can see the part on the back
https://ebay.com/itm/182931407605

But is there another version that is not Limited Edition?

I changed the title on this one.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 12:00:14 pm »
I understand Hexen's frustration, though, if he went by this standard: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6822.msg106826.html#msg106826
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas