Author Topic: SOUL CALIBUR VI! WHO'S EXCITED?!  (Read 1720 times)

SOUL CALIBUR VI! WHO'S EXCITED?!
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:00:44 pm »
I'm so hyped for my favorite fighting franchise finally making a return for the first time in almost 7 years! Can't wait!

Re: SOUL CALIBUR VI! WHO'S EXCITED?!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:24:43 pm »
I haven't really played Soul Calibur since 3, so I might check this out.

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »
I'm right there with ya boyo. It's so nice to see the STAGE OF HISTORY! again. Best 3D fighting series ever. God I miss it. I need to play SC2 again sometime soon.

Isn't this a retelling of the original Soulcalibur though? I hope they find a way to include some of the later fighters. I'd rather have something set after 5 that retcons 5 in any way physically possible.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »
I'm right there with ya boyo. It's so nice to see the STAGE OF HISTORY! again. Best 3D fighting series ever. God I miss it. I need to play SC2 again sometime soon.

Isn't this a retelling of the original Soulcalibur though? I hope they find a way to include some of the later fighters. I'd rather have something set after 5 that retcons 5 in any way physically possible.

It seems to involve all of Soul Calibur, likely with timeline shenanigans.

pizzasafari

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:00:25 pm »

Can I just point out how terrifying your avatar looks when timed to Betrayal from Silent Hill 2?

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:42:05 pm »

Can I just point out how terrifying your avatar looks when timed to Betrayal from Silent Hill 2?

It's some interesting timing for sure lol

Also I was slightly wrong, it's not a timeline shenanigan adventure, but it's also not just a retelling.  It's more of a soft reboot, going back to the beginning, and exploring new stuff that happened.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 06:51:59 pm »
Now if only we could get Power Stone 3.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 08:33:25 am »
I wonder if there's going to be any guest/hidden characters this time around.

Now if only we could get Power Stone 3.

Oh if only. Capcom seems content to sit on their rich library of IPs. If they're not going to develop a new Power Stone then it would be nice if they at least put out a compilation of their DC releases.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 09:11:10 am »
I’m glad to hear it, I’ve always been a fan of the series. Man, I didn’t realize it’s been 7 years since the last one.

Can’t say I’m surprised, though, that they’re going back to its roots, considering the lukewarm reception for some newer characters, like Xiba or Leixia.

hexen

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 12:50:19 pm »
Think of how much the breast will jiggle with today's technology!!!

I played Soul Calibur 2 a lot, but that was the era my interest in fighting games started to dwindle to nothing. Regardless, I'm happy the series is continuing.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 02:08:04 pm »
Seriously hoping for Xbox One X native 4k 60fps. :)

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 04:47:45 pm »
Can’t say I’m surprised, though, that they’re going back to its roots, considering the lukewarm reception for some newer characters, like Xiba or Leixia.

I'd say the biggest problem with the new cast was that most of them weren't their own characters; they felt like skins of older characters. Though, I do consider Phyrra Omega to be one of my favorite characters.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 11:09:22 am »

I'd say the biggest problem with the new cast was that most of them weren't their own characters; they felt like skins of older characters. Though, I do consider Phyrra Omega to be one of my favorite characters.
Agreed on all points. The new characters really are just re-skins, with much more annoying voices and personalities. Phyrra is the best new character, and I actually found myself feeling bad for her when she’s corrupted during the story mode.

I do remember, it seemed the most hated new character was Patroklos, who’s supposed to be the protagonist. I remember one comment in particular pointing out that his whole story arc is turning from an intolerant, racist ass to an insufferable, holier-than-thou ass  ;D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:24 pm »

Agreed on all points. The new characters really are just re-skins, with much more annoying voices and personalities. Phyrra is the best new character, and I actually found myself feeling bad for her when she’s corrupted during the story mode.

I do remember, it seemed the most hated new character was Patroklos, who’s supposed to be the protagonist. I remember one comment in particular pointing out that his whole story arc is turning from an intolerant, racist ass to an insufferable, holier-than-thou ass  ;D

Since both parts of his story arc is that way at least you can't say it's half-assed.

*badump*

Thank you. Thank you.

spac316

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »
I heard they are softly rebooting the universe. Alrighty. As long as it's better than SCV, I'm good with it.