Author Topic: How many Played Star Soldier For NES And Beat It  (Read 1705 times)

How many Played Star Soldier For NES And Beat It
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:58 pm »
The hardest game I ever played in my life so far, is Star Soldier on the NES, on that game you get 3 lives, and all of them are one hit deaths. Star Soldier on the NES is a shoot em up, with only rumours of 32 stages. each level requires you to defeat any entire stage of projectiles and 2 bosses. and if you don't defeat the 2nd boss within a strict time limit you repeat the same stage over only on a harder difficulty. once you are hit 3 times and die you must restart the entire game over without even a password feature.

And the AI on Star Soldier changes evey time you play it meaning the computer picks on your weakness making this game impossibe to beat. I never could make it past stage 2 out of 32 rumoured stages. no continues and you start from the begginning of each stage after a 1 hit death

how many of you think you could, or already took on Star Soldier from the NES library.

and by default you you don't have rapid fire leaving you needing super musstle thumbs not get fatigued pressing the A or B buttion constantly without a turbo controller. by pressing the bution constantly

Star Soldier is for extreme shoot em up fans. I actually like the game but It is not as fun as Capcom Classic Vol 2 on the PS2 where all games lets you choose lives and continues as infinite.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:29:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

stealthrush

Re: How many Played Star Soldier For NES And Beat It
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:13:26 pm »
Only having 3 lives sounds harsh, I have completed the majority of the series on TG-16 ... Easy to difficult..

Final Soldier
Super Star Solider
Soldier Blade
Blazing Lasers (if you want to count this)

Currently stuck on the final stages of Air Buster and Image Fight.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:58:10 pm »
I remember that game. I traded my Bebop action figure for it cart only. After playing it a couple times, I wish I had my action figure back ...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:45:20 am »
32?!

I thought it was 16 (4 sets of 4 levels)...I thought I came close once, but I guess not.

Played the he'll out of this game as a kid. It was one of the original games I got with my NES as a kid. I still play it from time to time. It instilled in me a love of shoot-em ups.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:47:43 am »
32?!

I thought it was 16 (4 sets of 4 levels)...I thought I came close once, but I guess not.

Played the he'll out of this game as a kid. It was one of the original games I got with my NES as a kid. I still play it from time to time. It instilled in me a love of shoot-em ups.

according to a site review prior to my first post they did say 16 levels at least for the Wii version. but I remember seeing the stages listed at 32 a lot earlier. thing is this game is so hardcore at least for me and YouTube don't have many Star Soldier play-though's as of 12-12-2017
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 02:37:40 am »
Its 16 levels from what ive seen of playthroughs ( both by other shmupers and yt walkthroughs).

I haven't played this one, but i have played zanac, which was enjoyable.