Author Topic: Need help with a Japanese PC Engine in the UK  (Read 864 times)

Need help with a Japanese PC Engine in the UK
« on: December 16, 2017, 06:42:00 pm »
Hi,

I hope someone can help me!

My husband (who doesn't play any games) decided a while ago to sort out the living room and he moved half of my consoles to a weird set up around the TV, but didn't hook them back up. I'm now left with several consoles that are missing cables, plugs, or adaptors since he got in a muddle and had no idea what went with what, so instead just scattered the cables around the flat or threw them out thinking they weren't needed!

The PC Engine plug is still attached to the console and the cables are there, but the Japan to UK plug adaptor has gone and I can't remember what I was using as I originally had it permanently attached to the plug. I don't want to risk using a basic travel adaptor as our voltage is a lot higher.

Can anyone recommend a not-too-expensive replacement that would be safe to use with consoles?

Thank you!

Re: Need help with a Japanese PC Engine in the UK
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 04:16:46 am »
This Is all I can think of, sorry  :(

(for the consoles)Try looking at the each of the power cords, if it is an AC adapter It should tell you what company has made the adapter right on the AC power cord itself.

and the voltage for example 4.5 volts you always should be matching the console cord to the correct voltage it needs. (listed on the AC cord itself) but usually for consoles at least if the AC cord says SEGA on it you could always try plugging it into a SEGA device or if it is a retro bit cord the AC cord should say what the cord belongs to right on the end of the AC cord

this is a vary dangerous situation not knowing what cord goes with what but I can tell you to use
www.google.com and look up Japanese PC engine Power cord or other console names cord if you still have issues. look at the result and try to match the cord with the console cord itself.

Usually if the cord says Nintendo on it and it fits in a Famicom/NES for example it usually is the correct cord to use
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:34:54 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Need help with a Japanese PC Engine in the UK
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 12:23:22 pm »
Hi,

Yeah, I've been through the ones I've found and hooked them back up to the consoles, but there's a load missing that I'm going to have to wind up re-buying.

The trouble is not so much the standard cables and AC adaptors (I should be able to get the UK equivalent ones fairly easily), but the ones I had specifically for the imported consoles. The PC Engine has the original Japanese plug on it and I did have an adaptor that the plug went into so I could then plug the adaptor into the UK socket without blowing up my console with the extra voltage.

I'm sure I got one specifically to use for long periods to convert the voltage, but have no idea what it was since it was quite a while ago.

Have you or anyone else got any recommendations for a Jap to UK adaptor to safely use an imported console in the UK?