Author Topic: New nes and snes games  (Read 1213 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

New nes and snes games
« on: December 24, 2017, 01:12:10 pm »
Retro-bit  has released 3 new snes games and 1 nes game
1.Jaleco Brawlers pack (snes)
2.Data East classic collection (snes)
3.Joe&Mac ultimate caveman collection (snes)
4.Data East All-Star collection  (nes)

sworddude

Re: New nes and snes games
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 01:56:00 pm »
why do they actually bother making reproductions of already released games. It's not original why collect them not to mention with an everdrive or emulator the games are not to hard to come by even the very few japan exclusives that are on there with translates, seems like a waste of both money and plastic even if these are compilations wich aren;t the same as the individual original releases.

For collectors the appeal should be very limited since It's not original and people who want to play them games wouldn't even bother to spend the money if it can emulated for free. I don't see a solid reason.

I mean in all seriousness these carts provide the same experience as everdrive carts but just limited to few games instead of all.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:01:00 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »
Hmm... on the collection front could be a niche that do it just for historical reasons or novelty reasons... that said - I don't see them accruing much value due to the fact that a similar product could crop up and fill the niche if there was ever a demand spike for these kind of odd deals. (that said, the demand spike is more likely just novelty collectors and non-collectors trying to buy random uninformed gifts for the collectors in their life - since there's already near complete libraries floating around of NES and SNES titles, both NH and GR style for people who just want to play them).

Though that is sort of Retrobit's shtick - basically profit off of casual nostalgia and uninformed purchases - they seem pretty straightforward about the fact that they're not positioning themselves towards a more serious market.

All that said, there's far better options for pretty much every niche than retrobit - for casual players of old physical games? Hyperkin (Retron5), For new collectors who don't have CRTs and don't want to worry as much about hardware failure? Analogue or RetroUSB (how I hope they eventually get around to doing this for the other Cartridge systems),  For people just looking to play old games? Raspberry Pi systems. For People wanting a "plug and play" option? The plethora of official and unofficial repro all-in-one systems of varying quality.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:15:49 pm by alzorath »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »
why do they actually bother making reproductions of already released games. It's not original why collect them not to mention with an everdrive or emulator the games are not to hard to come by even the very few japan exclusives that are on there with translates, seems like a waste of both money and plastic even if these are compilations wich aren;t the same as the individual original releases.

For collectors the appeal should be very limited since It's not original and people who want to play them games wouldn't even bother to spend the money if it can emulated for free. I don't see a solid reason.

I mean in all seriousness these carts provide the same experience as everdrive carts but just limited to few games instead of all.

It's all officially licensed and legal. Some people care about that stuff.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »

It's all officially licensed and legal. Some people care about that stuff.

they should have just released it on steam or psn, and for people who have an everdrive a legal rom to download after payment for just a few $ for each pack to play it on an original console. The whole flashy package is kind of a waste. For hardcore collectors they would rather track down originals while players would rather emulate them since they don't feel like spending yet another 100+ $ on something that can be emulated for free if one where to buy all them releases.

It might be licensed but I'm pretty curious what kind of people would buy this. It's not super mainstream to actually attract casual newbies for these odd deals wich seem cheap but actually are quite expensive. Only famous big stores can attract such people but retrobit isn't that well known.

I understand new consoles that play multiple old original console games, they are more durable better screen resolution and compatibilty with modern tv's I get it that's excellent but roms with flashy packages don't seem that usefull other than yet another collectible to fit on the shelves for maybe some extreme collectors who need everything.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:27:05 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 07:04:40 pm »
They're under 30 dollars a piece with three or five games per cart.I feel that's reasonable I remember paying 80 dollars for new nes games back in the day.I rather have a physical copy anyway.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:28:45 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »
I hope they do more in fact I don't care how original these things are I don't want to buy a modern system because they mostly require an internet connection in order to play. Not to mention in modern games most games you buy will not be downloadable after so many years.

ROM's can sometimes be altered to make them impossible just like a ROM I downloaded in 2013 of Mike Tysons Punchout. I guess someone thought it was funny to have 1 shot kockouts on this really fat guy that if you get punched once it won't let you win at all.

I don't like how the PS4 is not backwards compatible and I just find no use for one. If I didn't already have an Xbox360 I probally would get an Xbox One. Xbox 360 slim's have cheap and sturdy hard drives in other news
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

theflea

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »
I saw these and they are just already released games on a multi-cart. I just have no interest on buying this.
If they where remastered versions or changed in some way maybe but I don't see any reason buying this.
(this coming from the guy who bought Street Fighter II 30th Anniversary for $100.) lol  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 03:25:28 am »
It reminds of those 100-in-1 bootleg carts except being sold as legitimate product

I don't see the point too much since almost the entire appeal of buying physical retro games is the fact that it's the original game for collecting purposes. At this point I don't see much difference to just plugging in one of those ub nes controllers to your computer and booting up an emulator since..you know, they aren't the real games. Even more traditional reproduction make a little more sense since they're designed to imitate the feeling of having the real thing, whereas the whole "collection" gimmick really hinders the nostalgia factor here.

I know this'll make some folks happy, considering all some people want is to play the game on their actual console and they aren't too informed on other options, but it's a very specific niche that won't give it much value or exactly rake in sales.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:30:17 am by cirno »