Author Topic: Is an Xbox One S Backwards Compatible  (Read 2272 times)

Is an Xbox One S Backwards Compatible
« on: December 25, 2017, 10:15:05 am »
I got 2 Xbox One games for Christmas and I don't currently own an Xbox One I was thinking of buying an Xbox One S because I heard it was backwards compatible

Is It?

I can't afford the Xbox One X since is is like $400.00 or $500.00 as of this post. and I already own an Xbox 360 slim but I think I heard that All Xbox 360s were kinda a junker system and only lasting a few months before breaking down permanently or at least need repair after little usage. I currently own an Xbox 360 Slim in which is new but I heard it breaks down after little usage anyone have any suggestions. and thanks for taking the time reading this post :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:18:34 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Is an Xbox One S Backwards Compatible
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:04:52 pm »
Not fully backwards compatible, their is a list of games it will play from 360's library but it won't play all of them.  Xbox adds a few new backwards compat games each month though and they have added many Orignal Xbox games as well.

In short, Xbox One S will play all of the Xbox One library. 

And here is what it will play outside of that.  (360,Xbox OG)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward_compatible_games_for_Xbox_One

As for your concerns with 360, I have never heard of a large scale issue with the Slim models.  I know the original models were notoriously one of the least durable and poorly constructed consoles ever made with major red ring of death flaws.

Xbox One is an amazing console.  It's worth the upgrade and than some.   It has one of the best controllers ever fathomed and an amazing lineup of exclusives. Especially for racing and FPS lovers. 

But with that said, XB360 Slim should last more than 3 months with casual use.  And if it does break it's a cheap fix now adays.  Ive seen shops willing to fix RROD for 20 bucks.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:07:54 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 12:44:15 pm »
I got 2 Xbox One games for Christmas and I don't currently own an Xbox One I was thinking of buying an Xbox One S because I heard it was backwards compatible

Is It?

I can't afford the Xbox One X since is is like $400.00 or $500.00 as of this post. and I already own an Xbox 360 slim but I think I heard that All Xbox 360s were kinda a junker system and only lasting a few months before breaking down permanently or at least need repair after little usage. I currently own an Xbox 360 Slim in which is new but I heard it breaks down after little usage anyone have any suggestions. and thanks for taking the time reading this post :)

Any XBOX One game will work on any XBOX One system. The XBOX One S and XBOX One X are just enhanced versions of the same console.  Any game that was "enhanced" for the XBOX One X just had an additional patch you download if you have an X otherwise the game works as normal on the XBOX One and XBOX One S.

Also XBOX 360's aren't junk, no idea where you heard that but it isn't true.  Especially the XBOX 360 Slims, those are fantastic.  I have thousands of hours (10,000+) on my XBOX 360 Slim and it looks and works just like the day I took it out of the box new.  You'll likely find more busted PS3s versus 360 Slims. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:47:47 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »
Also XBOX 360's aren't junk, no idea where you heard that but it isn't true.  Especially the XBOX 360 Slims, those are fantastic.  I have thousands of hours (10,000+) on my XBOX 360 Slim and it looks and works just like the day I took it out of the box new.

Same boat here. Never had any sort of problem with my slim, which was one of the first versions of that. My first 360 did break via E74, but it still happened years after I got it and was covered under a 3 year warranty, and so was able to be repaired at no cost to me.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 08:21:04 pm »
Also XBOX 360's aren't junk, no idea where you heard that but it isn't true.  Especially the XBOX 360 Slims, those are fantastic.  I have thousands of hours (10,000+) on my XBOX 360 Slim and it looks and works just like the day I took it out of the box new.

Same boat here. Never had any sort of problem with my slim, which was one of the first versions of that. My first 360 did break via E74, but it still happened years after I got it and was covered under a 3 year warranty, and so was able to be repaired at no cost to me.

Same! My original (white) Xbox 360 RROD'd, but thankfully it fell under the warranty at that time. The one they sent back hasn't had any issues, and I think our black slim model has been fine, as well. So you should be good to go!  :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 12:39:18 am »
Slims are solid. The none slims/launch 360s are what you want to lookout for.