Author Topic: Would You Participate If Arcades And Laser Tag Were Back And Cheaper?  (Read 978 times)

Imagine Lets Just say. if sometime in the future lets say the leader of your country made all arcades and laser  tag a comeback

free for kids and those staff who make it all happen and safely. and maybe just a whole lot cheaper for adult guests. I would love arcades to come back and especially laser tag more then arcades.

Have any of you ever played laser tag? I think it was like $20.00 I think to join in for 15 minutes where everyone runs around in an arena physically  and aims at the other players suits and if you are hit it disables your weapon for a short while.

I only played laser tag 3 times in my entire life and I loved it. However I was too late growing up as the arcades were all abandoned.

I love the racing simulator arcade machines with the cockpit and the seat, but I hated the waste of quarters it had and how short of a time It lets me race.

I am 29 if anyone want to know how old I am today :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

Re: Would You Participate If Arcades And Laser Tag Were Back And Cheaper?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 10:45:42 am »
I guess it depends on your area. There is a laser tag place that is still here and is popular. I went there once, I was never real big into it. Arcades are making a comeback also, but it really depends on where you live.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:39 am »
I live in a large metro area and fortunately we have both, but the Lasertag place only has like 2 cabinets, which is a shame because back in the 90s and early 2000s they used to have about a dozen. We also have a Dave and Busters near by, and about 6 other scammer arcades that mostly cater to the 70s and 80s retro arcade crowds.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 11:27:10 am »
I'd play the shit out of laser tag if it was the same price. I think the problem (at least for me) is now that I'm 25 the play areas feel so small compared to when I was like 8.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 05:15:59 pm »
Theirs a laser tag arena with arcade games built in where I live :).  I'm going to my nieces birthday party there tomorrow.   

I just wish they had less of basketball and air hockey and more of Street Fighter II and Pac Man but it's still fun.

If arcades came back the way they used to be i'd pay even more.  I don't think they could go cheaper as with inflation and the machines are very hard to track down and aquire now.   I went to a retrocade recently and it was like stepping into a time portal.  I just wish they were more local.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:18:30 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 11:08:10 pm »
It was kind of for kids. The adults moved onto paint balling. And those bullets bloody hurt. A good reminder of exactly what you're actually engaging in.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »
Arcades, hell yes. Laser tag, yeah, with the kids.

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 04:41:33 pm »
There are actually 2 full fledged arcades in driving distance of me. 1 is a bar that has ~30 arcade machines all 10+ years old so no crap like flappy bird of those things that let you win prizes. im talking like donkey kong, pac-man, TMNT, ETC. and ~50 pinball machines. the most expensive game is a boomerang air hockey game and its only priced $1 most machines in there are the normal 25 cents with only a handful of pinball machines at 50 cents.

the other is an arcade that has a $10 all day cover charge per person. you go in for however long you want and every game is set to free play. they have something like ~150 machines. nothing really old (everything is from late 90's on) but worth the money depending on how long you stay.

as for laser tag I have never been to a good place enough to make me want to do it for any price (40' x 40' is extremely small for something like that) but there is a haunted house near me that I would pay to go laser tagging in. its on 4-5 acres and has plenty of structure to make it work well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:45:27 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 12:13:24 am »
Probably not, the games wouldn't really even be fun to me if they were free. :l

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:47 am »
It is funny because I used to love arcade games and would want to play them all the time. But after I had the ability to play them again say... 7 years ago (know some collectors) I notice I didn't really care about them anymore.

Near to my house is a place that I guess you could call an arcade, they have newer arcade games, not just redemption ones, like driving, BBH and other rail shooters like Walking Dead and Monster Eye. I don't play those games at all. But they have pinball machines and that is what I go there to play.