Author Topic: Trying to update PUBG image for Xbox One  (Read 819 times)

Trying to update PUBG image for Xbox One
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:19:27 pm »
I am trying to update the image for the xbox one release of PUBG: https://vgcollect.com/item/136673 but it keeps getting rejected probably because they are thinking this is the physical release yet there is no physical release.  It is a box with a digital key to download.  Don't see why the cover used on that box can't be used as you still have to download the game to have it.  I've linked the image below:

telly

Re: Trying to update PUBG image for Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:57:09 pm »
The problem with that image is that I could buy PUBG digitally without owning that box at all, if you just bought the game on the online store, so it's not necessarily the right image. There should be at least two different items for those who want to add the box (code or disc, whatever) to their collection, and one for the regular digital release.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:58:43 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:40:27 pm »
Why would it not be the right image for the online store version seeing as the code is for the online store version as well. There is no physical release only digital.

And if we had two separate listings what would the digital code in a box even be categorized as?  It wouldn't be Xbox one as that is for physical release and there would already be a listing for the     Xbox Live (XbOne) [NA] release.

telly

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:17 am »
I believe we decided that physical game boxes with digital codes in them like this would be treated as "Swag" as discussed in this thread. https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7418.0.html

Again, I can certainly buy both that box and the digital game as a result if I purchase the game from GameStop, for example. But I can also buy the digital game on Xbox Live without that box at all.

If I bought the game online, that box image isn't appropriate for what I own because I don't own that box, and there's no possible way I could own it. That means that box has to be represented elsewhere, not with that digital item. Any admins feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:49:36 am »
That PUBG box can be put into the XBox One [NA] physical category.

Items that go into swag are physical items that come from digital games. The example in that thread was Oxenfree, a digital game and when you bought it, you were emailed a code and then got some stuff in the mail that wasn't a game. That stuff goes into swag, and it isn't a good example vs PUBG because there is a box component with it.

It is more on the line of those Nintendo 3DS games that are just a case with no cart and has a code. Those are in the physical games categories... so this PUBG box with a code can be in there also.