Author Topic: Site Feature Suggestion!  (Read 700 times)

ysssk

Site Feature Suggestion!
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:17:43 pm »
Hey there, I think it would be really useful if you could view your Wish list and collection, in a "Printer friendly" format,
so you could print a plain list of your collection.
That way you have a hard copy you can put in your pocket and take to shops and shows.
Just an easier way.
Often trying to use the site on the go on a smartphone just doesn't work,
Spotty or non-existent signal usually being the culprit.
I can't be the only one who would like to be able to just print out a List when i need it.
The Smiling Bandit Strikes again HAHAHAHAHA

Re: Site Feature Suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:39:23 pm »
If you're interesting in printing I would suggest exporting your collection. You can then open it with Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets. Once there you can edit it to your hearts content, and print. Exporting can be found on the Settings page. https://vgcollect.com/settings

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 03:40:31 pm »
That's usually what I do. That said, I hate doing it. It shouldn't be that hard to create a printable page to increase ease of use on our end.

On the subject of using the site on our phones(since OP mentioned it) I feel like the vgc app should allow for downloading and reading of local export files on the phone and be dependent on that for checking our collections on the go. It would use less data than downloading the list every time and we wouldn't need to print out or collection and/or wishlist.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

ysssk

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:45:00 pm »
Yea, The bottom line is i was hoping for an easier, user-friendly way of printing a list when needed.
Oh well.
The Smiling Bandit Strikes again HAHAHAHAHA