Author Topic: Alleged January Nintendo Direct.  (Read 3476 times)

Alleged January Nintendo Direct.
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:58:05 pm »
A lot of folks speculated that it would be tomorrow.  Gamestop tweeted that it starts in about 30 minutes.  I figured I'd make a thread.

I'll update the thread with any info if there is any.

- Scribblenauts Showdown (NS)

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

The World Ends with You Remixed - 2018
New Battle Pokemon in Pokken Tournament... Aegislash + Mimikyu and Mega Rayquaza, Blastoise + Mew and Celebi.  2 waves. - Wave 1 January 31st.  Wave 2 March 23rd.
Kirby Star Allies - March 16
Hyrule Warriors DX - Spring 2018
Mario Tennis Aces - Spring 2018
Ys VIII - Summer 2018
Free Odyssey update - February 2018
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - Summer 2018
ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighter 2 - Launches Today
Mario + Rabbids new character... Donkey Kong - Spring 2018
Payday 2 exclusive character... Joy... inspired by Wrench in Watchdogs 2 it appears - February 27th
Fe - February 16th
Celeste - January 25th
DKC Tropical Freeze DX - May 4th
Dark Souls Remastered - May 25th
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:14:19 am by ignition365 »

telly

Re: Alleged January Nintendo Direct.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »
There's been a lot of talk about the new Pokemon Game on Switch. I'm interested in potentially hearing about either that or some Metroid Prime 4.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:05:28 pm »
A lot of fake tweets and false alarms for the past week, so make sure you double-check Nintendo's official outlets if you see an announcement!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 02:39:32 pm »
hahaha we've been trolled again. It won't happen until next month :p

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:43:22 pm »
Just confirm the dang ass Direct already, Nintendo! Even the NOA twitter knows it's dragging things on, trolling people with images lol

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 02:45:36 pm »
Resetera has descended into madness due to the hype and trolling.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 02:54:29 pm »

Nintendo continues to prove to be top tier manipulators.  Apparently Gamestop not only put up a tweet they deleted right about a Direct happening soon, they have 6 more Switch SKU's showing up in their system, much like what happened with Amazon.  We have just about everything but a time right now lol  Just goes to show how well the Switch is doing right now if so many people are getting excited over any new game information.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:08:10 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 04:07:04 pm »

Nintendo continues to prove to be top tier manipulators.  Apparently Gamestop not only put up a tweet they deleted right about a Direct happening soon, they have 6 more Switch SKU's showing up in their system, much like what happened with Amazon.  We have just about everything but a time right now lol  Just goes to show how well the Switch is doing right now if so many people are getting excited over any new game information.

So is it happening today?

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 04:14:13 pm »

Probably tomorrow at noon CST.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 04:19:40 pm »

No one has a clue when it's actually happening.  It has to be soon, but Nintendo doesn't want to actually answer.  I mean, I can't blame them, stoking the fires is clearly working, but the supposed date is tomorrow with leaks all over the place, but still nothing.  Would be weird for them to end up announcing a direct the day of unless they simply had to delay it for whatever reason.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 04:22:55 pm »

No one has a clue when it's actually happening.  It has to be soon, but Nintendo doesn't want to actually answer.  I mean, I can't blame them, stoking the fires is clearly working, but the supposed date is tomorrow with leaks all over the place, but still nothing.  Would be weird for them to end up announcing a direct the day of unless they simply had to delay it for whatever reason.
The hype is higher than ever with them NOT announcing it.  So it could work.

arkaneer

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 04:58:09 am »
Nintendo tweeted out this Chibi-Robo image yesterday :

Is it me, or is he 'Praising the Sun'!?

Dark Souls remaster for Switch??

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:01:16 am by arkaneer »

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:24:10 am »
Nintendo tweeted out this Chibi-Robo image yesterday :

Is it me, or is he 'Praising the Sun'!?

Dark Souls remaster for Switch??
From Software is one of the confirmed 3rd party developers for the switch and there were rumors of a Dark Souls Trilogy being released for the Switch.

I doubt that's what is going on... but I'd definitely buy that day one and go through those games again.

arkaneer

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 08:46:56 am »
Lol...I'm off to do the national lottery!  :D

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/report-dark-souls-1-remastered-for-switch-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-being-announced-today

Hope they can get the fps up in Blighttown!!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 09:00:18 am »
Direct is up

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

Ys 8... is Nintendo cool now Soera?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:04:00 am by ignition365 »