Author Topic: Atlanta road racing simulator???  (Read 1032 times)

jjfly

Atlanta road racing simulator???
« on: April 05, 2018, 04:57:59 pm »
I bought bunch of games from some guy and got this demo with them:
https://vgcollect.com/item/142262
Strange thing is that this game seem to be vaporware as only internet presence it has is some auction listings of this demo and intro in Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1TJHTgdo8 
Do any of you know anything more about this game?

Some real time detective work:

Tried to install the game. Got error at 98% (No wonder since using Windows 10) but files were installed correctly.
Tried to launch the game got error "Can't run without CD-ROM".
Installed files included the same intro uploaded in youtube and 4 versions of video where some guy rises trophy and
then screen fade to text: "WELL DONE GUYS, You have completed Atlanta Road!"

There is also included image of enter player name screen and read me file contains only copyrights for Ubi Soft, 1998-2000.
Now I also found NetRace.txt which includes settings for multiplayer.
Found Italian manual from CD and now found picture of "Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulator 2" from FAQ folder of CD.
From that I conjecture this is demo/marketing stunt of Monaco Grand Prix: Racing Simulator 2.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:40:28 pm by jjfly »

Re: Atlanta road racing simulator???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 06:06:41 pm »
Chances are if you can only install up to 98% then your CD is corrupt, It may or may not be due to disc rot. I've had a lot of games that I love corrupted for PC including my all my favorite games growing up. Also Hackers burned over my CD's and caused them to be corrupt in my theory but also I may have had disc rot.

there is no fix for this, once a PC game gets corrupt you need to buy a new copy and also run it on an older PC. I am sorry to say this but you may have to abandon this game since steam don't even sell this game or GOG. but chances are yea someone could have been an ass hole and burned over this copy if you ever ran this game on a computer without an internet connection
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:09:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

jjfly

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:28:08 pm »
I'm quite hopeful that it isn't discrot as I suspect that installer was trying to start installing DirectX or similar at that point and Win 10 probably blocked that.
To add to that commenter on Youtube video seemed to get same error message when trying to launch his copy so I think that's just some bad coding from Ubi Soft part.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:59 pm »
I'm quite hopeful that it isn't discrot as I suspect that installer was trying to start installing DirectX or similar at that point and Win 10 probably blocked that.
To add to that commenter on Youtube video seemed to get same error message when trying to launch his copy so I think that's just some bad coding from Ubi Soft part.

One way to make sure it is not disc rot is to hold the CD upside down facing an over head light. it is better to flip the CD looking on it's shiny side then hold it up to the light. If you see any white dots shining through the CD then you have disc rot for sure. It is good to check this out on all CD's and DVD's and even Blurays can actually have rot
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

jjfly

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:19 pm »
No white dods, only lot microsratches and because it's ubisoft i'm prety sure problem is one of their drm schemes (i still haven't forgiven them for drms on rayman 2 and prince of persia 3 that made them unplayable on newer os whitout using cracks)