Author Topic: What video game had the best ending for you?  (Read 3426 times)

dreama1

What video game had the best ending for you?
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:43 am »
What video game had the best ending for you? or the most touching/inspiring/satisfying.

Re: What video game had the best ending for you?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:23 pm »
I don't know if it was the best ending, but it certainly was an ending that had a huge impact on me. I remember beating Shenmue 2 for the first time back in 2003 or so; getting to that cave at the end and having the game end where it ended left me with so many questions. I remember as the credits began rolling I jumped on my PC and started looking into when Shenmue 3 was coming out. At the time Shenmue still had it's own website and there was a broken link to Shenmue 3 on there, but nothing else. I researched for hours after that only to find that Shenmue 3 was supposed to happen, but nobody knew when. Not having any resolution at the end of the game drive me crazy and for over 10-years I rode at least half a dozen announcements and rumors with credible sources that Shenmue 3 was going to happen, but it never did. With Shenmue 3 finally being made I am really looking forward to finally getting out of that damn cave I've been stuck in for 15-years now.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 01:04:53 pm »
Probably my favorite ending to any game was Portal 2. Totally unexpected and mind blowing. While it was really silly, it kind of fits into the already bizarre and light-hearted premise.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:51:24 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »
Probably Mass Effect 1 for me. What got me was Shepard's big, fat grin after crawling out of the rubble, as it was an expression shared by me; One of complete satisfaction after beating everything that was thrown at us.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:46 pm »
Honestly of all of the games I've played, I can't think of an ending that really stuck with me other than Last of Us.  Not that it was "Great", but it stuck with me.

Agozer

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 04:20:18 pm »
While it's a modern game, the "true" ending to NieR:Automata. Also, Okami.

The ending to Final Fantasy IX was great too.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:22:43 pm by Agozer »

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »
I don't know if it was the best ending, but it certainly was an ending that had a huge impact on me. I remember beating Shenmue 2 for the first time back in 2003 or so; getting to that cave at the end and having the game end where it ended left me with so many questions. I remember as the credits began rolling I jumped on my PC and started looking into when Shenmue 3 was coming out. At the time Shenmue still had it's own website and there was a broken link to Shenmue 3 on there, but nothing else. I researched for hours after that only to find that Shenmue 3 was supposed to happen, but nobody knew when. Not having any resolution at the end of the game drive me crazy and for over 10-years I rode at least half a dozen announcements and rumors with credible sources that Shenmue 3 was going to happen, but it never did. With Shenmue 3 finally being made I am really looking forward to finally getting out of that damn cave I've been stuck in for 15-years now.
A cliff hanger ending didn't soar it for you?

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 04:58:14 pm »
Final Fantasy 3 (6) had the best ending for me and was also one of the games that solidified me as a gamer. before that I was always playing something for like 15-20 mins then doing something else.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »
Little Red Hood for NES. "Oh! My dear little Red Hood! Thank you for your coming." The End.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 07:43:16 am »
Hands down the best ending IMO was the ending to Bioshock Infinite. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but they way the brought everything full circle and extrapolated on what happened was phenomenal!

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 07:53:25 am »
Hands down the best ending IMO was the ending to Bioshock Infinite. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but they way the brought everything full circle and extrapolated on what happened was phenomenal!
It was good. Was sad there was no more bioshock games.

shfan

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:09 am »
It was good. Was sad there was no more bioshock games.

Prey ;D

Actually, I was going say Prey's ending, at least the one I experienced, blew my mind, it's just coincidental you should mention BioShock. Wonderboy in MonsterWorld's and WonderBoy III's endings also stuck with me for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:58:01 am by shfan »

telly

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:21 am »
Bioshock comes to mind for me as well, I also liked the way Silent Hill 2 handled it's multiple endings.

The one that really stood out to me was Mega Man Battle Network 3. It totally blindsided me, and was so good that it made the subsequent BN games lesser in my opinion.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

indenton

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 10:56:28 am »
While it's a modern game, the "true" ending to NieR:Automata. Also, Okami.

The ending to Final Fantasy IX was great too.

I don't really have a qualifying answer myself, though I'm looking forward to this NieR: Automata true ending

pizzasafari

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 11:12:40 am »
There's so many I love... the main one that normally comes to mind when thinking of my absolute favourite is Persona 3's ending, it's just amazing. Hits every single heartstring I have.

Persona 4's is amazing too, 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (might just be me, something about it really strikes my feels), Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne (maybe just me again), Final Fantasy 9, probably others I'm forgetting. Love.