Author Topic: Holiday plans?  (Read 1416 times)

desocietas

Holiday plans?
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:29:11 pm »
Today's my last day of work before getting some much-need time off. If anyone else is getting some time off, what are you planning on doing during that time?

I'll hopefully do some livestreaming, play some video games, clean up the bedroom, and audit my VGC collection.  Not sure if I'll get to all of it, but I'd love to try. I'm sooooo behind on the collection and want to make sure it's accurate on my profile.

Other than that, just have some Christmas Eve dinner plans with friends and something for New Year's Eve, too. Nothing too crazy - mostly just close friends and video games <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

Re: Holiday plans?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »
Time ... off? Whats that? I work tonight til 1 am, tomorrow 9 am to 1 am, Sunday 9 am to midnight. Monday (Christmas itself) is only one of 2 days my store is actually closed but Im going to be bombarded with family crap Im sure so its not like its going to be relaxing. Then I go back to work Tuesday 9 am to midnight.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:00:00 pm »
Time ... off? Whats that? I work tonight til 1 am, tomorrow 9 am to 1 am, Sunday 9 am to midnight. Monday (Christmas itself) is only one of 2 days my store is actually closed but Im going to be bombarded with family crap Im sure so its not like its going to be relaxing. Then I go back to work Tuesday 9 am to midnight.

Ughhhh retail. I was sad they took away the Thanksgiving holiday from y'all this year.

Edit: wait, are you still at gamestop? maybe you're at another spot this time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:02:13 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »

Ughhhh retail. I was sad they took away the Thanksgiving holiday from y'all this year.

Edit: wait, are you still at gamestop? maybe you're at another spot this time.

I left Gamestop ... Im still at the pizza place.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:22:19 pm »
I took some vacation.  With that added to my days off, I get 10 days of no work. 

Most of my plans include me staying at home.  I'm ready for that.  Lord knows I need it

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 05:41:22 pm »
Since Christmas is not a holiday around here, I will work until the 29th...
Typically I'd have one week to just relax at home, but since I need to check my students' tests, I will be happy if I'm able to rest for 3 or 4 days.

Buuuuut, I recently bought a Sega Saturn Multitap, and I'll have friends coming over for the New Years Eve, so we plan on spending some time playing Saturn Bomberman with as much people as we can!

thewelshman

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »
I was able to take advantage of some sales and snag a few games I've had my eyes on. More than likely will play some Ys: Origin on my Vita while bouncing house to house Sunday through Tuesday. Been putting time into Tales of Berseria, and just beat Summon Night 6. It was an okay game, but I have zero motivation to platinum it.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 06:41:01 pm »
In 2 minutes I'll be starting a 4-day weekend. Tomorrow I need to work on some stuff, but Sunday I'll be going to my aunt's for X-mas eve and opening gifts with my family. Then Xmas I'll be driving a but to spend time with my GF's family. Tuesday will be mostly a day to enjoy gifts and whatnot which I am really looking forward to.

hexen

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 11:01:29 pm »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 11:42:20 pm »
I have 3 day weekends as my normal schedule and Christmas lands in the middle of that weekend this year so I work tomorrow then have Christmas eve until the 26th off then back to work. All of my usable vacation time was used up from sick days in October so can't extend that out at all. Will be doing family stuff, buying too many games off of Steam, and getting some new appliances, probably some home maintenance as well if I can find the time.

shfan

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 05:30:46 am »
On Friday night my fiance and I arrived home after a week away (our favourite spot, @ 200 miles away), spent most of the time just chilling together, still had time to beat 3 games that had been started. Got family stuff yesterday, today (c. eve) and Christmas day, then my fiance's off to work boxing day and I'll be trying to slowly get back into the swing of work/studies while clawing back a little gaming time. What a year x.x Hope everyone has a good one and gets some time off (a bit gutted to read you're going to be working like mad Soera).

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:15 am »
I always wanted to visit Xmas London. This time my dream came true. I planned the trip about a year ago.  The London is a really magical place. I know that locals don't like the weather but as for me it gives a mystical atmosphere to the city. I had a great time there and visited many famous attractions like Big Ben and Buckingham palace.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:47:07 am by muntyjack »

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 09:35:20 am »
I always forget to just take vacation just for me. I usually only use it for appointments let taking the car in, or if I have a big pinball tournament to attend.