Author Topic: Anger Quits  (Read 2955 times)

Anger Quits
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:24:04 pm »
How do you handle rage or anger quits? Have you ever broken a controller or a console? for me

When generally a video game goes too fast or too complex or, it makes me fatigue. I get angry  and turn off the game console. I have broken a few controller a long time ago. I'm a loser when it comes to games, I usually get lost or don't know what to do in which is why I turn off so many games not even bothering to get off the first level
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Anger Quits
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:29:15 pm »
I've never broken a controller, especially nowadays with how pricey they are, but I've gotten pissed at games and it's usually just me turning the game off and going to do something else, usually finding something more chill or just different to watch.  It's never worth it to get that angry about something that you throw a controller lol

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:10 pm »
It doesn't really count as a rage quit. But there was one occasion back in the day, I was really upset after getting into a fight with my brother... and I decided to take it out on one of my PC games. I threw the game disc down the hall, it hit a wall and cracked. I liked that game too, poor Ultimate Ride... It didn't deserve that. Of course, no one ever forgot the one time I broke my game.

It's funny how you can work so hard to always keep yourself in line, but no one ever forgets the mistakes you made, no matter how small.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:34 am »
broke 2 xbox 360 controllers and two ps2 controllers =(
now i just keep the broken controller next to me so i can throw it instead of the not broken one lol

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 03:51:36 am »
I typically just get very vocal and eventually just quit before i break something. x)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:39 am »
Just quit playing.  If playing a game leads that kind of temper tantrum you really shouldn't be playing.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:57:09 am »
I have never broken any hardware due to rage. I have definitely had moments of anger while gaming, but never had that impulse to destroy my stuff.

I did have a friend in college that was amazingly good at games. To this day he is the best player I have ever encountered in person. He would break controllers all the time. So maybe the rage could be proportionate to level of skill. More likely it just has to do with how well you deal with frustration as an individual.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

azure

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:22:08 am »
I just quit playing and come back to it later. Never broken anything, and don't understand the throwing controllers thing. It's just a waste, heat of the moment or not.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 01:29:01 pm »
I've slammed my mouse on the desk a few times, but I've never broken anything. I tend to take my anger out on VoIP.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 03:25:36 pm »
I haven't raged about a game since I was like, 10 years old. Adults having temper tantrums about video games is totally inexcusable and childish - don't like it, don't play it, and if you really can't control your anger, get professional help.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 04:38:57 pm »
Never raged and broken anything video game related out of anger, not as a child or otherwise.

That giant gray brick I put cartridges into and let suck up all those expensive double A batteries? Yeah, all that stuff cost money and if I lost or broke it, I wasn't getting another one. Not unless I felt like working for it.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:43:54 pm by Nickkchilla »

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 05:14:11 pm »
I have rage quit and controller raged a lot in my life, but funny enough I've only destroyed one controller out of the hundreds of times I tossed one at the TV or at the floor in front of me. Back during the heyday of the Dreamcast I rented Marvel vs. Capcom and could not for the life of me bet the final boss in Arcade Mode. I remember getting super close and he destroyed me in a series of cheap attacked. I was so pissed I chucked the poor Dreamcast controller at the floor that somehow the PCB inside physically broke whole the outer shell remained in tact. I am honestly surprised that is the only controller i've ever busted...I get pretty angry when I play video games sometimes lol

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 06:09:30 pm »
I haven't raged about a game since I was like, 10 years old. Adults having temper tantrums about video games is totally inexcusable and childish - don't like it, don't play it, and if you really can't control your anger, get professional help.

There's a difference between being frustrated and a temper tantrum, I'm pretty sure anyone who has broken a controller didn't mean to but just did it on moment.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 06:45:23 pm »
Can't say I've ever really raged at a game. Frustrated, yes, but never really raged.

I have, however, flipped off my TV in jubilation upon overcoming something incredibly aggravating, like some of those bastard Shine Sprites or fighting game bosses.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 07:09:34 pm »
me too i will growl like a idiot and flip my tv off when no one's looking and mumble under my breath I know I
look like a asshole but it's makes me feel better.