Author Topic: The Best And The Worst Of Video Game Boss Fights  (Read 1009 times)

The Best And The Worst Of Video Game Boss Fights
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:17:55 pm »
Some games require a strategy other then to shoot the boss in order to defeat them, some video game boss fights are one hit kills and then game over. So which games had the best and worst of the boss character. Personally I have no favorite boss that I never was able to figure out how to beat them and move on in the game, or end the game. So name some of the best and worst boss fights of all time.

I usally like the bosses you shoot at, but in duke nukem 64 the second boss fight takes place in a small room and with no big guns in order to defeat him. If I had more rockets I would not mind this boss fight as much. but shooting this boss requires depletion of all ammo and still no way to defeat him in which turned me off of that N64 game
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: The Best And The Worst Of Video Game Boss Fights
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:32:37 pm »
Worst: All of the Krauser fights Resident Evil 4

telly

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 04:33:06 pm »
Best boss fight: The End from MGS3
Worst boss fight: The Third(?) Wily boss in Mega Man 2 with the laser beams and doors you had to crash bomb through. Fuuuuuuuu
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51:53 pm »
The answers are quite simple ...

Best boss: Ultimate being from Parasite Eve
Worst boss: Lorenzo from Haunting Ground

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 09:41:21 pm »
I can think of a number of best boss fights:
Mr. Freeze - Batman Arkham City (on hard mode)
Phalanx - Shadow of the Colossus
The Great Mighty Poo - Conker’s Bad Fur Day (it’s just so out there and hilarious)

Worst:
Fontaine - Bioshock (final boss) (underwhelming and far too easy)
Krauser - Resident Evil 4
Liquid Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 4 (final boss) (I always found this boss fight frustrating and disappointing)

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:58:52 pm »
Tough to think of best and worst at the moment, but a recent one, was the end boss of Episode Prompto for Final Fantasy XV...Turret sequence and a bad one.  It actually made me angry at how crap of a boss it was, which was enhanced from my annoyance with that DLC in general.  On that same level now that I remember, The first Evil Within also had a garbage last boss that was a turret sequence.  Just don't have a turret sequence for a last boss unless you are doing something AMAZING with it, but mostly just don't have a turret sequence for a last boss fight.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:01 pm »
Best boss the great mighty poo from conkers bad fur day. I can remember him singing that song, I still sing it myself to this day lol.
Worst boss any need for speed most wanted bosses.Great game but bosses were so lame.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 06:23:00 pm »
Best boss: Hmm, that's really tough to say. I think the most satisfying to beat for me was Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Worst boss: There are several that were too easy, but the most frustrating for me was the Dogadon fight with Chunky Kong. Without the strategy guide, I had no idea how to beat it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:43:01 pm »
Thought of another one, you can't go wrong with this boss fight from Ace Combat Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9Z1X737Ug&t
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery