Author Topic: E3 2021 is almost upon us lets share some of our favorite memories from past E3s  (Read 1179 times)

In 51 days E3 2021 will officially begin lets reminisce about some of the best moments of past E3's.

One of the best is when Kojima showed up at Sony's 2016 show. I don't think many were expecting him to appear so it was a huge surprise.

Banjo Kazooie getting announced for Smash will always be a personal highlight of mine considering how long it had been since we'd seen the bear and bird appear in anything and most (myself included) had long written them off as dead. So seeing them announced was a joyous occasion

Also I know the game turned out out be shit but Keanu Reeves showing up at Microsoft's 2019 show to promote Cyberpunk will forever stand out as one of the best moments in E3's history. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:02:26 pm by martymcfly »

covfefe2020

I forgot that the cyberpunk thing was how the whole reddit keanu chungus wholesome 100 thing started
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is probably at the top for me and I'm not even a big Smash player, but it's become such a huge celebration of gaming and Banjo-Kazooie being back on a Nintendo console, or really just back in general had me so incredibly happy.  I still randomly go back and watch some of the reaction videos from people at the time to relive that super big joy I had.

And building on that 2019 show with Keanu, Ikumi Nakamura who was working on Ghostwire at the time, they both had incredibly wholesome happenings that really made that show.

I know I have a couple more, just drawing a blank, but those were definitely some recent ones that did a lot for me.

Sony's 2015 E3 Conference *Drops the mic*

This simply will never be topped, opening with The Last Guardian trailer with a launch window. Then the Final Fantasy VII Remake announcement and soon followed by the Shenmue III Kickstarter revival. I remember I was house sharing at the time and it was 2-3 in the morning but I couldn't keep quiet, a sentiment echoed throughout the gaming community:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:04:32 am by vivigamer »

Flashback2012

Favorite E3 memories? Probably going to the E3 shows in '97 and '98 when they were held in Atlanta. My friend and I went and it was really a seat-of-our-pants venture. We both worked for a now defunct video game store and wore out store logoed shirts the first day while EVERYONE else wore normal clothes. We ditched the shirts for the second day.  :P

In regards to key moments that I recall fondly, the "Hit its underside for massive damage" and "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer, remember that one?" lines were pretty fun. The best for me is the sass from Sony regarding how games could be shared on PS4. That tiny bit literally killed the XBOX One right out the gate.  :o

telekill

Sony's 2015 E3 is the top for me definitely. Dubbed the "E3 of Dreams". I was really happy with how Shenmue 3 turned out. I still hold out hope for a 4th and final game in the series that finishes the story so I can play the finale instead of watch it only as an anime (coming God knows when).

I also laughed pretty hard at the Sony 2013 E3 when they basically took all the negatives of the MS 2013 conference and mocked them hard. Obviously the stage humiliation needed to occur and MS appears to have reversed many of their anti-consumer policies. A great win for gamers.

I think most of my favorite E3s from here on were system reveals and Uncharted game info.

The reveal of The Fractured but Whole stunned me.

The only thing I pay attention to at E3 are the game trailers, and I usually look them up in Youtube compilations after the event.  So I can't really share many memorable moments.  I remember when the dude with the Donkey Kong high score was interviewed by Adam Sessler on G4.  He tried to recreate the moment live, though I forgot which E3 that was.  That was kinda cool. 

G4 made E3 fun to watch.

mrkonasoni

Sincerely I just remember liking E3 prior to the 2010s.

When Zelda Twilight Princess was revealed is truly the most terrifing reaction I remember seeing for a video game reveal.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.