Author Topic: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series  (Read 3171 times)

Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:14:27 am »
I was going to save this discussion after I complete Halo: Combat Evolved but could't wait to finish the game before making a thread about the series in general. I never actually played a halo game through it's single player campaign as of this post, but I am sorta enjoying the first game now that I am actually playing. It is a nice change from Playing Call Of Duty and other First Person Shooters I already played through. I own an Xbox 360 slim. And so far I really enjoy my play through of Halo 1 Combat evolved. I plan to buy Halo 2 in the near future.

If I do get Halo 2 then I would already own a vast majority of the series. I got all the other ones minus the Xbox One Halos so far.

The Halo Series is only a PC and Xbox console title but most of you already know this
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:09:44 am »
Its a good series but the levels with the Flood bring the game from a 9-10 to a 7

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:41:01 am »
The series is average at best and in my opinion not worth all the hype it gets when there are much better games in the fps genre.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:59:23 pm »
One of the best FPS series of all-time. Fantastic production values. Awesome graphics when they come out. Fantastic soundtrack. Great story (at least the first trilogy is). And a helluva atmosphere to go with that story. Cool character designs (I know, you've gotten used it now, but remember when it first came out and how cool different Covenant aliens were?). And some of the best multiplayer around.

Can't go wrong with Halo if you're an FPS fan or a sci-fan that's a gamer (like me).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:37:32 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:20:12 pm »
I played both Halo and Halo 2 a little bit when they were new and thought they were pretty cool for the time being, but never played through the story mode of either until years later. I liked both games quite a bit, but wasn't blown away by them like most people. Still, a great series. I really want to play Halo 3 and the others at some point. I am curious to see why people dislike all the post Halo 3 games so much.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »
I played both Halo and Halo 2 a little bit when they were new and thought they were pretty cool for the time being, but never played through the story mode of either until years later. I liked both games quite a bit, but wasn't blown away by them like most people. Still, a great series. I really want to play Halo 3 and the others at some point. I am curious to see why people dislike all the post Halo 3 games so much.

They aren't bad games (post-Halo 3), at all. Very good FPS. It's just the story isn't nearly as epic as the original trilogy.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 02:57:15 pm »
Top tier series till basically Halo 3.  Halo Reach and 4 (never played 5) aren't bad, but they don't really get to the same level that they did before.  Halo use to be one of my favorite series for quite a number of years and the multiplayer was great.  Me and friends were doing LAN parties all the time up to Halo 3.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 05:25:11 pm »
Played a lot during my high school and college years. I would consider Reach to be the peak of the series.

Absolutely hated 4 though. I felt as they did the series a massive disservice by choosing to start emulating Call of Duty instead of sticking with their own feel.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:43:35 pm »
I'll review each installment of the series but if I had to sum it up as a whole. I'd say it's not my bag of chips in general and I find it slightly overated but I do love a few :)

Halo Combat Evolved: Me and my friend used to play this one split screen, it paved the way and rewrote and popularized the FPS genre.  It's as essential and ground breaking as you can get.  It's age has shown but it is amazing.

Halo 2: The best Halo I have ever played and one of the best FPS ever made imo :).  I truly love the plot, the combat and the guns.  It took everything the 1st had and passed it by a mile.

Halo 3:  Something always lacked for me,  I know this is the one people love the most but it wasn't as good as 2 imo.  It's definitely a great game but I never got hooked on the plot and too many good 360 games were out that distracted me at this time.  Specifically COD when it was at it's peak.

Halo Reach: Better than 3 imo and my favorite of the tradition Halos on 360.  It had a different lane and utilized it's uniqueness well.

Halo Wars:  I love the strategy based games and this is truly a breath of fresh air for the franchise.  I remember everyone being torn when it first came out but I wouldn't mind trying this one again or maybe the new Halo Wars 2.

I haven't played the others so I can't judge those :)

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 12:21:29 am »
utter garbage

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 03:03:34 pm »
The series is average at best and in my opinion not worth all the hype it gets when there are much better games in the fps genre.

I've noticed the levels and section are mostly copied and pasted to make Halo 1 Combat Evolved longer, the level design is kinda bad in my opinion and I have not finished the game yet. I also discovered a bug sometime in my game play that involved a one hit death and the health bar had full shields and health. I can't enough agree the levels could have been more detailed instead of each room with the same textures everything is blue in mid way through the game. I have not made it to the flood levels yet. Or a boss fight that I can imagine is probably cheap

utter garbage

Ammo is sparse in which what I don't like about what seems to be the entire halo franchise. (edit) only Halo 3 ODST
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:23:29 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »
Ammo is sparse? Are we playing the same game? Every single enemy you kill has ammo on them.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 04:15:34 pm »
Ammo is sparse? Are we playing the same game? Every single enemy you kill has ammo on them.
I take that back come to think about it
The ammo in Halo 3 ODST version the enemies are a lot tougher and ammo is vary hard to find, but HALO 3 ODST is not the same as Halo 3. SO far I only played HALO 1 and Halo 3 ODST. I remember the Halo 3 ODST the enemies take hundreds of lasers guns and ammo to defeat and their are lots of those kinds of enemies :'(

Ammo in that game has you scouring for ammo continuously
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:18:05 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 04:17:49 pm »

The ammo in Halo 3 ODST version the enemies are a lot tougher and ammo is vary hard to find, but HALO 3 ODST is not the same as Halo 3. SO far I only played HALO 1 and Halo 3 ODST. I remember the Halo 3 ODST the enemies take hundreds of lasers guns and ammo to defeat and their are lots of those kinds of enemies :'(

Ammo in that game has you scouring for ammo continuously

Well ODST is just a spinoff bonus game.  Halo in general throws all the weapons and ammo at you.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 04:20:13 pm »
I agree the enemies do drop ammunition but in the stage now they don't but I'll admit I need to watch what I say

NO APPS NEEDED