Author Topic: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series  (Read 3153 times)

covfefe2020

Re: Your Opinions of the Xbox Halo Series
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2021, 05:21:34 pm »
saying that ammo is everywhere because all the grunts drop needlers and pistols is silly. I constantly run out of ammo for any of the decent weapons. thats why you have to get efficient at grenades and melee.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 05:31:51 pm »
I played the Halo 2 Campaign non-stop on the Xbox. Then when the 360 came out I played that one a lot less actually
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 11:04:42 pm »
My honest opinion...
I understand that Halo’s multiplayer was revolutionary in the history of video games, but I never play multiplayer and the first Halo’s single-player campaign bored the hell out of me. I quit multiple times because it didn’t hold my interest, especially that tedious and interminable Flood level. Finally was able to push through and finish it, and never played it again.

I did give Halo 2 a try, just so I didn’t judge the series on the first entry. Rented it, played for about 10 minutes, and realized it was more of the same. Haven’t played a Halo game since.

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 12:02:47 am »
My honest opinion...
I understand that Halo’s multiplayer was revolutionary in the history of video games, but I never play multiplayer and the first Halo’s single-player campaign bored the hell out of me. I quit multiple times because it didn’t hold my interest, especially that tedious and interminable Flood level. Finally was able to push through and finish it, and never played it again.

I did give Halo 2 a try, just so I didn’t judge the series on the first entry. Rented it, played for about 10 minutes, and realized it was more of the same. Haven’t played a Halo game since.

Like I said in a different thread about the vary first Halo game, the levels didn't have much detail at all I thought. The outside sections were nice. but the interior sections of the game look all copied and pasted from other sections of the game. All the inside structures look the same, even the original Doom design in 1993 had more level detail then some of Halo 1 Combat Evolved.

However Halo 2 and all the games after was a little more more realistic, with structures look like there were livable

Also I wounder where the bathrooms are in the halo universe, just goes to show how unlivable the structures look, in the first game.

saying that ammo is everywhere because all the grunts drop needlers and pistols is silly. I constantly run out of ammo for any of the decent weapons. thats why you have to get efficient at grenades and melee.

The ammo can get really sparse in the flood levels, because a lot of the enemies in those levels  don't even carry guns, sometimes that game will force you to backtrack just to find enough ammo to make it through the game.

and for anyone new the halo, the flood levels are not full of water, the flood is the name of an alien species other then the convenient bad guys that you need to fight.

the flood enemies also have the abilities to come back to life after you kill them also. and a lot of the times they don't carry any ammo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 12:15:50 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2021, 09:26:57 am »
My honest opinion...

Like I said in a different thread about the vary first Halo game, the levels didn't have much detail at all I thought. The outside sections were nice. but the interior sections of the game look all copied and pasted from other sections of the game. All the inside structures look the same, even the original Doom design in 1993 had more level detail then some of Halo 1 Combat Evolved.

However Halo 2 and all the games after was a little more more realistic, with structures look like there were livable

Also I wounder where the bathrooms are in the halo universe, just goes to show how unlivable the structures look, in the first game.

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. I didn’t even think about it until you mentioned it; outdoor sections aren’t bad, but the indoor sections are horribly bland and uninteresting. When compared to older FPSs like Duke Nukem 3D, the older games are more interesting.

covfefe2020

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2021, 09:55:36 am »

The only place you could possibly find a bathroom the entire game is in the pillar of autumn. This could be said about any game or movie franchise that doesn't explicitly show you a bathroom. All of the forerunner structures are not mean to be lived in.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020