Author Topic: Twin Galaxy Banned Todd Rogers  (Read 1722 times)

rayne315

Twin Galaxy Banned Todd Rogers
« on: January 30, 2018, 04:34:00 pm »
I know most of you probably dont care about video game world record scores but Twin Galaxy has finally went about Banning the most famous cheater on their leaderboards. he had owned hundreds/thousands of world records on many many games that had been entirely fabricated throughout his professional gaming career. including dozens of very clearly faked scores. scores higher than the scorecap. scores 50X the next highest player in that game. scores ending in a non whole number on games whos score goes up by multiples of 10. etc.

I say good riddance to someone who profited off of cheating.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:36:17 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

thewelshman

Re: Twin Galaxy Banned Todd Rogers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 04:38:19 pm »
I know most of you probably dont care about video game world record scores but Twin Galaxy has finally went about Banning the most famous cheater on their leaderboards. he had owned hundreds of world records on many many games that had been entirely fabricated throughout his professional gaming career. including dozens of very clearly faked scores. scores higher than the scorecap. scores 50X the next highest player in that game. scores ending in a non whole number on games whos score goes up by multiples of 10. etc.

I say good riddance to someone who profited off of cheating.

About time. There are so many videos disproving his "achievements," that it impossible to ignore. My guess is he befriended too many people at Twin Galaxies and they looked past the proof. There's a video where he's trying to show his "technique" for the game Dragster and he complains the entire time about the controller.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 05:38:52 pm »
Includes Guinness World Records too.

hexen

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 07:48:36 pm »
It's pretty interesting stuff, be sure to check out the speedrun YouTubers who helped get this brought up.

EZScape's video talking about it.

ApolloLegend's video that is likely responsible for getting the ball rolling.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:47:39 pm »
How did the guy get away with such ridiculously obvious cheats like the Centipede one?  That should've been a clear problem that then makes the rest of his scores questionable.  I've always had a soft spot for speedrunning, never something I do myself, I'm interested in playing new games than just focusing on single games, but it's good to see a cheater get the boot, especially one that managed to do so in a way to get himself into prominence.

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:55 pm »
How did the guy get away with such ridiculously obvious cheats like the Centipede one?  That should've been a clear problem that then makes the rest of his scores questionable.  I've always had a soft spot for speedrunning, never something I do myself, I'm interested in playing new games than just focusing on single games, but it's good to see a cheater get the boot, especially one that managed to do so in a way to get himself into prominence.
Not only was one of his friends a "referee" for many of those runs ( who is now serving jail time), but he was also a referee which meant that he got free access to input his own scores to the scoreboard as a staff member, along with the fact that a lot of people said he could do no wrong because of his " legendary status" from setting those " records" from the 80s.

Apparently, this fisaco is going to make other falseified records come to light, including some of Billy Mitchell's records, so stay tuned for some more thread drama and get out the popcorn!

thewelshman

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 10:09:29 am »
Not only was one of his friends a "referee" for many of those runs ( who is now serving jail time), but he was also a referee which meant that he got free access to input his own scores to the scoreboard as a staff member, along with the fact that a lot of people said he could do no wrong because of his " legendary status" from setting those " records" from the 80s.

Apparently, this fiasco is going to make other falsified records come to light, including some of Billy Mitchell's records, so stay tuned for some more thread drama and get out the popcorn!

At least this gives us all something to read for awhile. I've watched videos with Billy Mitchell in them and he's not quite the villain they portray him to be in the King of Kong. He's a bit cocky at times, but that seems to have died down some with age. I checked his records on Twin Galaxies and he only holds 1 first places title and has video proof. The others aren't near as bad as Todd Rogers' insane claims.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:02 am »
The worst part is from what eyewitness accounts have told us is that Todd Rogers was a really good player back in the day. Whatever he displayed in person for Activision back in the day actually convinced them he was as good as his supposed fake score.

Too bad the guy went off the deep end and kept needing the attention and praise by fabricating fake scores. I would love to hear him come clean and share was the original Dragster score a fraud and how two other people were displayed to have the same score.

EDIT: I just did some research and found that in one of the later Activision newsletters the other two people who claimed the same hi-score in Dragster were disqualified. Weird. Todd Rogers was flown around.by Activision showing off his skills in person at CES and other venues. Supposedly he replicated his scores in person for the programming team and won their favor so they continued to have him travel around with them. Seems like they wouldn't have done this unless he was actually able to do what he said.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:14:14 am by DreamsDied13101 »
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01