Author Topic: Format to submit hardware?  (Read 1535 times)

Format to submit hardware?
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:17 am »
Is there a format for this?
Some stuff has been added including the color in the name? surly this cant be a good idea as there will be 1000's of variations added? You just need the region for each item DSi [JP], DSi [NTSC], DSi [EUR], then the color or whatever can be placed the comments section? just otherwise there will be loads of everything and it might get rather vast rather fast.

I know some versions/colors/styles of console are worth more than others buy thats what the details section is for isnt it?
Also things like the n64 rumble pack belong in peripherals/accessories dont they? Might be worth splitting Hardware down into Consoles/Peripherals?

matt

Re: Format to submit hardware?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:46 am »
I'm planning an update soon that'll change the submission form to something more unique for hardware which should help clarify things. Actually I'm going to get working on this today because it's been an issue for some time. Hardware will have name, release date, bar code, part number, description, box text and the images. I'll update this later when it's in place.

As for peripherals, there was a previous discussion where we decided on using Accessories. The category is there and ready to use. I'll be grouping this together with the Hardware on the browse page once I push that update out.

matt

Re: Format to submit hardware?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »
The submit form has been updated to change depending on whether you are submitting a console, strat guide or game. Please let me know if you have any issues with this.

As for how each should be listed, we really want to stick to giving every variation it's own listing. If there are 30 different colored DS, there will be 40 listings all with unique part numbers and barcodes. This will allow us to track everything individually.