Author Topic: What Disney Characters/Worlds Do You Hope Will Be In Kingdom Hearts III?  (Read 2291 times)

Hello Everyone :)

With the whirling news surrounding Kingdom Hearts III's upcoming release which is rumored to be late 2018 for the long awaited 3rd entry that so many have waited over a decade for finally coming to bless the gaming world again :).   It has been announced that Monster's Inc is a confirmed world inside of KHIII.   The costumes, characters and enemies look incredible!!!   And it made me even more excited.

With the two originals we seen Hercules, Nightmare before christmas, little mermaid, tarzan.  And many others.  but now it seems they are including Pixar which is soooo amazing.   :D.   All my disney childhood and gaming passion is flowing.  seeing the two worlds combine is giving me PS2 nostalgia and I may cry playing this one lol. 

If you could choose, let's say 8 worlds from the Disney Universe to be playable worlds in the new entry.  What 8 would you pick? :D.

Here is my list.

Disney Pixar Cars World:  I love the cars Universe so much :).  But I think it'd be tricky as it's humans with cars and I don't know how it'd blend.  But just having a Chick Hicks to beat up would be fun.  I hate that smug, green mustache having son of a bitch for what he did to the king. :(.   

Finding Nemo World:  This one would have the flare of the original my little mermaid underwater world but would twist it with the awesome finding nemo universe in the pacific ocean.  Sharks, fish, enemies.  It's all so awesome :).  With finding dory so recent it just seems like it would come to be.

Frozen World:  Forzen is probably a given, I mean the movies popularity and it's success with children make it so likely and obvious and the world is just itching to be explored in the gaming rhealm.  Teaming up with the ice queen would just be so epic and I love Anna so I think it'd be a fun adventure  ;D

Star Wars World:  I know many of you are laughing at the heresy of such a statement lol. I think it's lunacy too but this is the odd ball to wow the world.  Disney owns Lucas Films and Star Wars now so anything's possible.   What a explosion of fun it'd be slaying Darth Vader with a damn Keyblade wielded by Sora.  It's just madness.  :)

Incredibles World:  I seen this suggested in a thread recently. I'm not a huge incredibles fan but I think it fits really good.

Marvel World :  Again, me dreaming of cross median platform switching, hybrid disney utilizing their new aquired businesses and liknesses to make a epic world since they own Marvel now. :).   Imagine whooping Venom with spiderman as your friend lol. 

Final Fantasy World:  The game is riddled with Final Fantasy characters and is developed by the creators of FF so why not ride chuccabos or team up with Yuffie to slay enemies in the FF universe.  Heroes like Cloud, Tifa, ect... can all help you take down Shinra or something epic to open a key hole.

Lion King World:  Was their a Lion King world in the originals?  I can't recall.  But I think it deserves another go anyway because it's such an aweosme world with epic characters and I love fighting with Mufasa or Simba on my side. :).

What would your picks be?  :)

sleepyevening

Re: What Disney Characters/Worlds Do You Hope Will Be In Kingdom Hearts III?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »
There was a Lion King world in KH II!
I personally am pretty happy with the new announcement. Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies ever. In Monster's Inc, Goofy looks pretty unnerving to me.

Finding Nemo or Brave would be awesome!

hexen

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:14 pm »
Disney owns Fox now... can't wait to go to The Simpsons land and use a donut keyblade!

In all seriousness though, there seems to be a Toy Story world which was my top pick. An Incredibles world would be cool, but mainly just because I like that movie so much. There needs to be a complete wildcard like the Tron and old cartoon world of the second game... my choice would be Brave Little Toaster, which I didn't know Disney was involved with be apparently they where. Wouldn't it be cool to see the gang as appliances that deal with multiple kinds of existential horror? Imagine a boss fight with that terrifying car crusher! Yeah, I love that movie.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:02:02 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

arkaneer

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:09:07 am »
I've never played these games and hear that I really should get caught up before starting KH3.

Will the two HD releases on PS4 get me fully up to date? I presume I am looking at 100+ hours to complete both?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 05:29:21 am »
I've never played these games and hear that I really should get caught up before starting KH3.

Will the two HD releases on PS4 get me fully up to date? I presume I am looking at 100+ hours to complete both?

Yeah the confusingly named re-releases they did have everything, including all the offshoot games.  And yeah they look to be like 30 to 40 hours each for both mainline games.  Unless you play everything, there's gonna be stuff that might not make sense from what I hear of KH3, but most people are gonna be going in with just knowledge of the main two games, so it works out.  KH isn't known for its super coherent plot lol

For me, I would've said Incredibles would be great, but Big Hero 6 is already going to be in KH, and that'll offer up the super hero stuff that should be fun.  Marvel would be my second choice because there is a lot of fun there, but it has the same problem as Incredibles being that Big Hero 6 is the super hero world already.  Star Wars has a possibility though.

I'd maybe like to see something a tad more obscure or unexpected for a surprise world...Like Robin Hood, or The Rescuers, or Ducktales!  Plenty of good villains to use with Ducktales like Glomgold, Majica De Spell, and the Beagle Boys.

arkaneer

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:00:52 am »

Yeah the confusingly named re-releases they did have everything, including all the offshoot games.  And yeah they look to be like 30 to 40 hours each for both mainline games.  Unless you play everything, there's gonna be stuff that might not make sense from what I hear of KH3, but most people are gonna be going in with just knowledge of the main two games, so it works out.  KH isn't known for its super coherent plot lol

Excellent...I might pick up the 1.5 + 2.5 Remix first and see how I get on.

telly

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 06:46:33 pm »
I don't know about a Finding Nemo world, they already did Little Mermaid and trying to fight as merman Sora was a bit of a nuisance.

I'd love a Wall-E world for the space and post-apoct look honestly. I think they could do a lot with something like that.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:31:21 pm »
These two...

Oswald definitely needs more exposure than what they currently give him. I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit the Epic Mickey world as well. What's funny is Oswald is pretty popular in Japan so it'd make sense to add him (and Ortensia).

I'd love to see a Silly Symphony style world in the vein of Cuphead a bit. I don't know if Clarabell Cow or Horace Horsecollar have made an appearance in the series yet but they'd be a good fit for a world like that. Of course the old Old OLD properties like that isn't popular enough when you have tons of Pixar and recent Disney movie characters/worlds to mine. Out of the most recent stuff, Wreck-It Ralph is the only one I'd like to see them explore.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 12:07:41 pm »
I hould just like any of the much older cartoon worlds to be in it. I really enjoyed the steamboat willy world in 2 and you can do soo much more with them because literally ANYTHING can go. plus with cuphead being released relatively recently I think it would work out to bring people that liked that art style over to play it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully