Author Topic: What Kind Of Video Games Are You The Least Skilled In And The Most  (Read 1943 times)

Re: What Kind Of Video Games Are You The Least Skilled In And The Most
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 09:33:00 am »
Worst:
Fighting
Sports
3D Stealth

Best:
Platforming
3D Action
Western RPGs
FPS

Not bad, but wish I were better:
JRPG
Strategy
Puzzle

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 10:26:09 am »
I tried answering this thread when I realized that it really depends on the game and there really isn't a genre that I'm super good in overall. I'm decent at most fighting games I play, but I wouldn't say I'm that great at any of them. It really just depends on the game really.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:33 pm »
I tried answering this thread when I realized that it really depends on the game and there really isn't a genre that I'm super good in overall. I'm decent at most fighting games I play, but I wouldn't say I'm that great at any of them. It really just depends on the game really.

your right! :) it does depend on the game also what control scheme your used to. but yet again a lot of games are similar and have similar gameplay but not every singe game is the same. a good example would be Mega Man 1 has disappearing  platforms while some platform games don't.

Some games have a lot of lag, as well as some games don't have any controller lag
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

adamilius

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 03:49:13 pm »
Best:
Fighting games
Beat em ups
NFL games
Wrestling games

Ok:[/color]
FPS
RTS
Boxing games

Worst:
RPGs (don't have enough patience to level up/explore etc)
Space Simulators
Racing games
All other sports games

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 04:49:50 am »
Games I'm good at.

First person shooters  (I love Call of Duty,  Far Cry, Halo and sometimes Battlefield type games.  I typically do well even with the very talented communities that put a lot of thier life mastering said games.  :)

Racing games  (My strongest genre i'd say.  Forza to need for speed and everything in between i'll do pretty good at.)

Basketball games  (Pretty good at these as well, especially more sim based ones like 2k.

Action Adventure games  (These typically are easy games but I do love getting completionist awards for games with a lot of open world exploration.    Games like GTA V, Mario Odyssey (as completely polar opposites as those are lol)  are all games I really love and have fun playing.)

Games I suck at

JRPGs  (I try so hard to be good at them but I rarely beat them.  Too much reading and science behind picking the perfect moves, weapons and allies for each fight.  I guess I like my hand held sometimes lol.  But I do love some.  Especially pokemon)

3rd person shooters  (Oh man do I suck at these, they are just a different feel than FPS imo.  It's like I can never be accurate or get the same precison as with FPS.)

Shoot Em Ups  (I'm definitely pretty bad at shoot em ups.  I'm good at beat em ups but games like contra or metroid typically kick my rump.   ;D,   But I do love them regardless.

All other games i'd same im good but not great at like fighting games and stategy puzzle games. 

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:51:44 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 06:12:33 pm »
I'm probably worst at sports games, because I have almost no experience playing sports games. The only one I ever played was Jordan VS Bird: One-on-One for NES.
I'm best at shooters and cart racers like Mario Kart.

Sports games generally are vary hard to master, especially the later sports games. It takes quick reflexes, adjusting coaching strategy, quick thinking and a ton of fatigue to win at them. Sometimes, even at their easiest setting.  Also it depends on the game. "Jorden VS Bird" NES is a terrible sports game in my opinion. the only sports game I don't get fatigued in is Golf. like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 and higher years
I recently found that other genres don't get me as frustrated as most sports games do. But in all honestly a lot of people enjoy the challenge sports games have to offer. because sports games as created to be unfair all the time.

Oooo. I forgot about Wii golf and bowling.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 07:38:24 pm »
I'm probably worst at sports games, because I have almost no experience playing sports games. The only one I ever played was Jordan VS Bird: One-on-One for NES.
I'm best at shooters and cart racers like Mario Kart.

Oooo. I forgot about Wii golf and bowling.

why are you angry? and what have I been doing wrong on these boards that pisses you off?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 01:18:40 pm »
Hmmm, I had to think about this. There aren’t many genres I absolutely suck at, but there’s not many I excel at either.

Worst:
3D Action (Devil May Cry, Bayonetta) - I stunk at the first DMC, and similar games just don’t hold my interest. Strangely, this category doesn’t seem to include games like God of War, apparently because that’s more of a beat-em-up style.

Driving Simulation (Gran Turismo) - Racing games just don’t interest me. I do ok at arcade-style racing like Outrun, but I’m awful at simulation-style. I rented Gran Turismo 2 many years ago and HATED it. I could barely get through the trial races.

Strategy (Fire Emblem, Command & Conquer) - I like games like this ok, but I usually spend WAY too long just biding my time, building up my resources, then get ambushed.

Music/Rhythm - I find games like this repetitive and boring, which probably contributes to the fact that I’m not good at them.

Best:
2D Platforming - This was always my strong suit. Narrow platforms over bottomless pits? Not a problem, especially if I get in a “zone”

Side-scrolling beat-em-up - Arcade TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men, Double Dragon...I’m usually pretty good at getting through them with minimal lives lost.