Author Topic: Physical Space limiting your collection and downsizing.  (Read 2546 times)

Re: Physical Space limiting your collection and downsizing.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 09:50:08 am »
I never understood why some people have a ton of toys, as well as video games just sitting on display. Unless they play with them still.

I can answer that real easily.  Because we like them.  It's cool to look at. 
I may be weird, but I just sit in my game room sometimes and marvel at my shelves of shit.
Same, but mostly because I don't know what to play... too many options.

doafan

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 10:42:18 am »
Same, but mostly because I don't know what to play... too many options.

You just remembered my wife, everytime that she said that she doesn't have enough shoes I alwas reply that I need more games cause I don't have anything to play  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:49 am »
I've had this happen before and basically it is a time to determine what I really don't want. My problem is I just put the stuff I don't want into boxes and then don't get rid of it. But I had this issue when I started to get shelves for computer stuff and at the time I was collecting everything. And I didn't really care about a lot of systems such as the older non-x86/power pc computer stuff, pre 8-bit, Xbox/360, Wii, Gamecube. And then take a good look at my PS2 collection and take out all the games I won't ever play and only keep on the shelf the ones I like and the ones I want to try out. I also did a full stop on buying PS3 games because I really just don't like to play on that system.

So I think refocusing your collection is a good thing and it happens to everyone who collects anything. Except hoarders I guess.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 05:52:53 am »
I never understood why some people have a ton of toys, as well as video games just sitting on display. Unless they play with them still.

I may be weird, but I just sit in my game room sometimes and marvel at my shelves of shit.

it's cool I suppose if you have enough space for it. I just think some of the collections on YouTube with 500 stuffed mario toys and 53 boxed action figures is a bit much for my room to handle, we are all kids at heart but sometimes people can go over board like some do on YouTube, for me? I don't really play my games or display them because I have no room especially with my massive CD collection ::) and game collection

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »

it's cool I suppose if you have enough space for it. I just think some of the collections on YouTube with 500 stuffed mario toys and 53 boxed action figures is a bit much for my room to handle, we are all kids at heart but sometimes people can go over board like some do on YouTube, for me? I don't really play my games or display them because I have no room especially with my massive CD collection ::) and game collection

If it makes them happy, who cares.

But personally, I'm the same way. I'm not gonna buy games I'll never play just to complete a set or something. I can use that money for something I'll actually use.

rayne315

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 02:44:27 pm »
I have ran into this with the first ever book shelf I had bought for collecting. I never thought I would need any more than a book case so I bought one that was the same width as a standard dvd case. well I quickly ran out of room on those shelves and had to determine the best coarse of action for me at the time. I actually ended up selling off probably 1/5th of my collection while I went about maping out the best configurations for my house.

I measured my room and gauged my risk of case topple (setting book cases up that are not braced by a wall). I can say I really disliked the possibility of them falling over so I determined I would only place them against walls so I measured my space and came up with a solution that would maximize the space I had. I got double deep shelves and currently 2 1.5 deep shelves (specifically for corners to maximize usable space). I currently have 7 bookcases with the ability to get 6 more (5 2x and 1 1.5x deep or 1 1x deep). obviously it will take me forever to fill them all up but the specific reason for the 2 and 1.5x deep shelves is so if need be I can double stack games. highly undesirable but it will allow me to stay within my space constraints for at least the next 10 years.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:47:41 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 12:48:48 pm »
I did something similar a few years back. For those near an IKEA, I highly recommend their Besta line for game storage. No fixed shelves and peg holes 1" apart, plus extra shelves sold separately lets you maximize the units well. They've added media sizes to the line since I got mine for single-spaced items, but the standard shelf is the perfect size to hold 1 normal, vertical DVD-size case, with a horizontal one in front of it. That way, if you find yourself needing to double-stack, you can still see each game without having to move anything. Or- I've found an assortment of storage boxes that fit well on the shelf, so you could always set things up that way too.