Author Topic: How many X-Box 360s did you go through?  (Read 3226 times)

Re: How many X-Box 360s did you go through?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 10:32:40 pm »
one. The original xbox 360 I got when it FIRST came out is still working.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 08:15:33 am »
2.  1 RRoD and 1 E85 error.

Both covered under warranty and replaced at no cost.  Now I have a Gears of War 3 Slim and a plain white Slim.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 09:24:04 am »
I’m on my second one.
The first lasted a little while, but got the RROD while I was playing Half-Life 2. Sent it to Microsoft and they replaced it for free.

What’s so funny to me is in the meantime, I received Batman Arkham Asylum for Christmas and started playing it immediately after I got the new 360. I got to the point where Scarecrow starts screwing with your head by making the game mess up, and it was so soon after my last 360 crapped out I thought it was doing it again. Then the game restarted with Joker driving Batman to the Asylum...
I’ll never forget that moment. Holy crap, I’ve never had a game mess with me like that, it was great :D
One of the reasons B:AA is one of my favorite games ever.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 09:36:41 am »
I went through 4.  I had a launch 20gb version.  Then, I sent that back in because of the red ring of death. 
Number 2 RRD'd on me.
Number 3 was an Arcade version that I could snap my hard drive on.  The disc tray on that one quit.  I had to roll every game out manually with a paper clip. 
Number 4 was the Star Wars version.  It's still going strong.  I'm hoping it's better built.

adamilius

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:04 pm »
I have the same one from 2008, still going strong(although with minimal use).

pizzasafari

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 05:27:07 pm »
I've had the same Xbox 360 since 2007ish, an original white one. Never had a problem with it and I used to live on the thing. The only time it's ever red ringed was when I had a dodgy USB plugged in and it worked fine after I took it out.

I don't know if I'm extremely lucky or a vocal minority are extremely unlucky.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 07:26:04 pm »
Three, One ring of death, one instant over heat, and one failed disc drive.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 10:49:05 pm »
My first got the red ring of death like 1 month after launch, waiting at game crazy with my older brother who was infuriated because we had been dooped on a protection plan because they couldn't replace a console that they didn't have in stock in the first place.  So we had to wait for microsoft to ship one from california and repair the one I sent and it was truly a circus. 

Fast forward a year later, the repaired one breaks yet again.   This time out of the game crazy warranty, yet another 3-4 week wait as it's sent to california for xbox to deal with. 

Get it back, have it modded with a nice blue see through case that completely destorys it's warranty but I think the warranty expired by than anyway. 

1 year later,  open tray error.  Wouldn't read games.   Bring it to a game repair shop in my local area.  20 bucks and they fix the error.  back on my way.

Just 4 years ago.  Red ring of death.  I managed to fix it myself by cleaning this little rod that moves the eye under the metal sheild of the disc tray.  I put a tiny bit of WD-40 and wiped down the rod to make sure it moves fluently. 

And finally last month, it will no longer read games with any repair and I no longer want to bring it to the repair shop due to the cheapness of the upgraded slim versions of the console and next gen dominating my play time anyway.

So with all those said,  like 6-7 lol.  :).   It was quite simply the most laughable poorly made console of all time.  I hate to say it.   I do love the console and it's library of games but man was it independant in my experiences.  :D.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 08:00:55 am »
It was quite simply the most laughable poorly made console of all time.  I hate to say it.   I do love the console and it's library of games but man was it independant in my experiences.  :D.

Yeah, its really a shame the production quality was so hit and miss, because the library is truly phenomenal - and that is also why I am so annoyed that I had yet another one die one me.  I was using it as my 360 AND my X-Box, so I had two consoles die for the price of one.

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 01:44:06 pm »
I’m on my second one.
The first lasted a little while, but got the RROD while I was playing Half-Life 2. Sent it to Microsoft and they replaced it for free.

What’s so funny to me is in the meantime, I received Batman Arkham Asylum for Christmas and started playing it immediately after I got the new 360. I got to the point where Scarecrow starts screwing with your head by making the game mess up, and it was so soon after my last 360 crapped out I thought it was doing it again. Then the game restarted with Joker driving Batman to the Asylum...
I’ll never forget that moment. Holy crap, I’ve never had a game mess with me like that, it was great :D

I thought my Xbox was crapping out during that scene as well. I think I restarted the system before realizing what was happening :D

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 09:13:53 am »
I’m on my second one.

I thought my Xbox was crapping out during that scene as well. I think I restarted the system before realizing what was happening :D

I was actually in the process of getting out of my chair to go mess with the console when the Batmobile scene started up. Good thing my 360 wasn’t closer to my chair, or I might have restarted it too :D

What made it so cool was that afterwards, I realized Batman walked through some gas and started coughing just before the screen crapped out, and I felt like I should have figured out what was going on. But it was done so well I didn’t think about it until after I had already been duped :D

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »
2 for me...

I bought my first one in 2006... had the red ring few months later, I sent it to Microsoft to fix it and they did... it worked for a few more months.

I waited they finally produce a console without any problems, bought it again, now been working for the last 10 years without issue.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac