Author Topic: Any Progress on Android App?  (Read 5428 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Any Progress on Android App?
« on: February 22, 2018, 03:29:06 pm »
Hi Jason and VGC gang,

I was just wondering if any further progress has been made on the VGC App?  I would LOVE it if you added a plain old text only view. I have a very sizable collection, and as it is now, the app takes forever to load.

The text only mode that is available now still pulls some form of HTML i believe, as it's incredibly slow to load.   

All i really want is for the new app to run like the old app.  God i miss that thing.. it was BLAZING fast.  Gotta be fast when your out hunting for games in the wild  ;)   And man Hunting season is quickly approaching!

Any update you have would be much appreciated.

thanks,
-Retro

theflea

Re: Any Progress on Android App?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:03:51 pm »
ya would love to hear an update, I had to drop the app because its worthless to me in its current form.
Remember guys simple is best don't try and make it super flashy with pictures that slow down the app.

I find it funny is faster now to visit the web site to look up my collection this use the app.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:17:29 pm »
I still can't log into the app

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:56:57 pm »
im confused... when I pull up the app on my phone it pulls in as text only and takes ~5-10 seconds to load my 3000+ items.. have you guys went and downloaded the most recent app? I only downloaded it about 1 month ago or so.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 12:30:54 am »
For some reason I haven't been able to log into the app. Can log in fine on my PC though.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:59 am »
Yeah, when I was doing some testing for the app the latest version performed quite quickly and used very little data.

However... I do still use the old app... but I think that has more to do with the fact that I don't have to type my login info constantly.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:16 am »
Yeah, when I was doing some testing for the app the latest version performed quite quickly and used very little data.

However... I do still use the old app... but I think that has more to do with the fact that I don't have to type my login info constantly.

yeah that is my biggest issue with the current app. whenever I click out of the app for more than a few minutes it logs me out and I have to re-enter my user name and password every time. I wish it could either keep you logged in or store your info so you only have to hit a single button to log on.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

jason

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:00:02 pm »
I will look into a way to keep users logged in longer next.