Author Topic: What is your favorite gun ever in video game history?  (Read 1984 times)

What is your favorite gun ever in video game history?
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:59:34 pm »
Hello Everyone :)

With all the skull smashing, led spraying FPS gore fests that have riddled the past 2 gens we have come to find tons of either sci fi overpowered guns that bend realism to new limits like Duke Nukem and Doom or just historically accurate guns that are just so flawlessly rendered and kept authentic that it really converts a war theme game into a work of historical brilliance.  :D

Out of all the options the choices are so unique and diverse.  Which of them all would you say is your favorite in game gun and if you'd like to share your favorite real life gun that'll add another element as well as some video game guns are fictitious.

My favorite video game gun of all time is probably the Thompson SMG.   This gun has graced so many games from Call of Duty WW2 to Bioshock and many of the other games I loved.  The rate of fire mixed with it's mobility make it awesome for zombie games, and any game with monsters like Bioshock.   It's currently my favorite in online multiplayer COD WW2 and was when world at war was out too.

What is your go to gun in video game history? :).

adamilius

Re: What is your favorite gun ever in video game history?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:25:47 pm »
Galil from Call of Duty Black ops. I really enjoyed that one. Also the vector from MW2

azure

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:31:23 pm »

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:20 pm »
Ebony and Ivory from DMC comes to mind when I think of this. I'm sure there are better guns but I'd pick those.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 07:38:03 pm »
Now hold up, this is a FPS thread?  When one says gun games I'm thinking "light guns."  I was going to say Time Crisis 2 on the PS2 was prob my favored home light gun experience. 

realpoketendonl

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »

Biased as hell? Definitely, but I don't even care. Now it's time to be naughty.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 10:43:18 pm »
If we're talking about light guns as shadowzero suggests I would say the Famicom light gun.

Type 99 Light Machine Gun - Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm
A Japanese machine gun equip with x2.5 scope, bipod and bayonet. Everything you need to kill the American piggu

STG 44 - Day of Defeat
Classic assault rifle. It's 30 round magazine gave it distinct advantages over the other weapons in the game.

Rocket Launcher - Unreal series
With its relatively slow projectile, it was always gratifying to make that perfect long range shot onto a moving target.

Crossbow - Half-Life 2
Makeshift crossbow that fires super heated rebar. It was great fun in multiplayer where you can somewhat bounce the bolt of surfaces and pin people to walls.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:06 am »
It is either the railgun from Quake 2 or the OICW from Soldier of Fortune Double Helix.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 04:01:50 pm »
Model 1887 from COD MW2 (pre-nerf). I honestly have never seen a more broken gun that was kept for so long in a competitive online game before.

For those of you who do not know in their hayday if you unlocked the akimbo for the model 1887 (Which is a shotgun) you had the most effective no scope sniper riffle in the game. just so long as your crosshairs landed on a person and you shot both guns simultaneously they would die... at any range... and I mean ANY range you can be on the entirely wrong side of the map and still kill someone. and the crosshairs (being a shotgun) took up like 10% of the screen. it also took them something like 6 months+ and 2 nerfs to fully get rid of the amazingness that was the model 1887
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
The Cerebral Bore from Turok (2 I think?) was pretty great. It took a second to lock on, and didn't work on undead because there was no brain activity, but once it shot out and landed it would drill in and start spewing brains everywhere while the poor helpless victim stumbled around.

The Railgun from Shadow Warrior was okay too. Pretty much every gun from Shadow Warrior was great, shuriken included.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »
In real life I have no favorite gun or weapon, but in video games I usually like the shotgun because usually it's one of the most powerful in most first person shooters at close range
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

arkaneer

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 03:56:57 am »
I'm going to vote for the Plasma Cutter in Dead Space games.

Firstly, taking apart aliens limb-by-limb never gets old  :)

Secondly, the faint glow given off by those three beams of light was always comforting as you were edging your way down a pitch black corridor.

Genius game design!

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 08:14:27 pm »
I don't really do gun games... um... the thing from Rachet & Clank that fired chickens? Or did it turn enemies into chickens? Either way, the chicken one!

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 09:39:25 am »
Oh thanks for reminding me there was a cat gun in Postal 2.  ;D

rayne315

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 04:36:51 pm »
awe man I just remembered the Rock-It Launcher from Fallout. I probably laughed the most just at the absurd amount of different crap it would launch. nothing like exploding someone's head off with a teddy bear
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully