Author Topic: Physical and digital separate lists?  (Read 1074 times)

Physical and digital separate lists?
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:50:08 am »
Should there be a case for having Digital purchases as a seperate list? i say this because when i add my collection here they are listed as items, i don't really see Digital games as items in the same sense as the physical games, wondering what admin and other forum members think?

tripredacus

Re: Physical and digital separate lists?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:23 am »
I personally do not add digital items to my collection here. I only have some on my sell list (they are free steam games) but mostly because at least for Steam, I can view what games I have there just by looking at my Steam profile, so I never felt the need to have to track them.

But I think that there is some control on categories counting towards a type of item... to show a different breakdown on your Summary page. Yet I think it still would count as an item, being the number shown on your profile and also in the signature image.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:42:05 am »
I think it's fine- when you look up the statistics page, it actually does list digital separately in the breakdown. I've never put too much stock into the general 'total' number of items anyway- there's a big difference between having 500 items that are all games, and having 1000 items, but 600 of that is old magazines and strategy guides, y'know?

I usually only give the 'games' number when people ask how big my collection is anyway, since one would assume systems, controllers, & tat are going to be present anyway. Just like if you told someone you have 1,000 DVDs, they'll assume you have a player somewhere too.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 01:29:41 pm »
In the About section of your profile there is a break down of physical games and digital games.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 02:50:02 pm »
I'm hoping we'll get the custom list feature up and going soon, and that should hopefully address this request :)

I imagine it should allow us to create lists and add to them as we need to. Like for stuff that's only swag, being lent out to a friend, only digital, or 360 only, etc.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:26 am »
being lent out to a friend

Sorry, I won't ever be doing this again. I now consider that We Love Katamari on PS2 to be lost forever.  >:(

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 10:00:58 am »
being lent out to a friend

Sorry, I won't ever be doing this again. I now consider that We Love Katamari on PS2 to be lost forever.  >:(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I've personally repurchased too many games, thinking they'd been lost or stolen (or I assumed I bought it but never did) just to find that some friend had it all along.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 12:21:22 am »
I like the idea of a more custom list too. Sometimes I want to show people my Playstation 4 collection on VGCollect. But when you click on "Playstation 4" in my column, it only opens up to the subcategories like hardware/accessories/regions.

As far as the digital goes, I dont think I have any digital games in my library except for anything Dragon Quest related. I dont consider any digital games "mine" simply cause I cant hold them.