Author Topic: We need a new category for collectors editions without games.  (Read 1110 times)

Hi guys my first post here as a new user of the site. I'm slowly moving over my collection from GameFAQs and I'm enjoying the process so far. I noticed in doing so however that there didn't seem to be a listing for one of the specific collectors editions I have so I went to create it. However in doing so I noticed something which is that there doesn't appear to be a category for collectors editions without games. This is becoming an increasingly common thing that the larger publishers are doing, releasing all the collectors edition content in a separate SKU without the game itself. The item in question that I have is this one:

https://store.ubi.com/ca/assassins-creed--dawn-of-the-creed-collectors-edition/59247e5fadc724363e8b4568.html?lang=en

I see there is a listing for the EU edition of this which I suppose may be technically the same thing. However it's listed under PS4 EU:

https://vgcollect.com/item/127875

Unless I'm simply missing something? Is it possible to add such a "Collectors Edition (no game)" category to the site? If not should I simply create the same thing as above for PS4 (NA)?

sworddude

Re: We need a new category for collectors editions without games.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:18:43 am »
If i look around the collectors edition does include the game, even If it's a dowload code it still is the game

If I'm looking at multiple ebay auctions but even websites they all say full game

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/SOLD-OUT-Assassins-Creed-Origins-Dawn-Of-The-Creed-Collectors-Edition-PS4/162929425302?hash=item25ef59bb96:g:QwIAAOSwPc9ZyAOE

Some people sell the collectors edition without the game but that's not how it originally was sold.

Also even in your link it says full game I quote

The Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition (PC is Digital Download) includes the Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and an additional mission.

look under summary to see the contents.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:21:23 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:54:56 am »
Hi guys my first post here as a new user of the site. I'm slowly moving over my collection from GameFAQs and I'm enjoying the process so far.

Welcome to VGCollect  ;)

Edition that doesn't originally come with the game in any form (physical or download code) are not considered as "games" and should be put into the swag category (like the Panzerhund Edition for Wolfenstein: The New Order), you can always ask for a new category to be made for those type of edition directly in the Category/platform requests thread.

Decision have been made to put those type of edition into the swag category in that thread, the exemple taken there was the Oxenfree Collector's Edition that didn't come with the game in any form but a code was e-mailed after the purchase to download it (well... those edition are still not in the correct category in the database...  :-X).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:41:01 pm by metshael »

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:02:14 pm »
Hi guys my first post here as a new user of the site. I'm slowly moving over my collection from GameFAQs and I'm enjoying the process so far.

Welcome to VGCollect  ;)

Edition that doesn't originally come with the game in any form (physical or download code) are not considered as "games" and should be put into the swag category (like the Panzerhund Edition for Wolfenstein: The New Order), you can always ask for a new category to be made for those type of edition directly in the Category/platform requests thread.

Decision have been made to put those type of edition into the swag category in that thread, the exemple taken there was the Oxenfree Collector's Edition that didn't come with the game in any form but a code was e-mailed after the purchase to download it (well... those edition are still not in the correct category in the database...  :-X).

Ahh ok thank you. As sworddude mentioned above it's possible this came with a digital code. I actually won this edition. Thanks for letting me know.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 07:07:31 pm »
If i look around the collectors edition does include the game, even If it's a dowload code it still is the game

If I'm looking at multiple ebay auctions but even websites they all say full game

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/SOLD-OUT-Assassins-Creed-Origins-Dawn-Of-The-Creed-Collectors-Edition-PS4/162929425302?hash=item25ef59bb96:g:QwIAAOSwPc9ZyAOE

Some people sell the collectors edition without the game but that's not how it originally was sold.

Also even in your link it says full game I quote

The Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition (PC is Digital Download) includes the Season Pass, Digital Deluxe Pack, and an additional mission.

look under summary to see the contents.

Huh my bad apologies. I actually came by this because I won it in a contest directly from UBI, however in mine was shipped without the game. I actually got the game as well through UBI separately through my work. Thanks for the clarification. It is however becoming increasingly common for collectors editions to be sold sans game. At least in the sense that all the material that comes in the collectors editions are now sometimes sold as a separate SKU that then gets tacked on with a regular copy of the game. This allows them to reduce their cost of making the collectors editions as they can have generic branding on them without reference to a specific system. I know because I work in retail. Looks like what metshael said is the way that those would be handled, but like you said looks like this doesn't fall under that.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 07:17:16 pm »
I've added it as a regular PS4 [NA] release which seems right now.

Also been adding a bunch of PSN [NA] games that are missing.