Author Topic: Do you enjoy watching Twitch/Youtube Streamers? Have you ever streamed before?  (Read 3594 times)

kevininja

I do like watching some Streamers, but I don't watch a lot of them.

I did some streaming myself as well, back when I got Bloodborne and played through it for the first time with no prior knowledge. It was pretty fun and I should really stream some more if I have the time for it (probably other games since I sold Bloodborne).

pizzasafari

I used to watch Let's Plays, nowadays I don't really anymore. I don't like watching people play a game I haven't played cause it might spoil stuff. But there are some streamers I watch because they're funny, I.E. Vinesauce's Joel and Vinny. Other than that it depends on the game. I got addicted to watching Doki Doki let's plays after I played it myself. Watching peoples' comfort slowly melt away is just gold. Solid gold. Beautiful. ProJared's was fantastic. Poor guy.

I've considered streaming myself but it's too much effort and I'm not very entertaining. I also don't like being watched while I play games, it adds pressure. And it's harder to focus.

Not really, i find streams boring.

The only streams I tend to watch are SaltyBet and AGDQ/SGDQ when it's on.

I do watch plenty of videos of people playing games (either let's play or streaming compilations); I just prefer the editing done instead of dealing with some of the dead spots.

hexen

It's funny... during the 90s you had the meme about parents telling their kids they can't play video games for a living... and now it's a viable career option...

I kind of wish they remained right. As a whole, I dislike watching game streams. I'll watch the occasional section if it's something specific, but watching a whole stream is usually out of the question. Even the people I like can't carry on for very long and remain amusing. Another thing I don't like is how it eats into other content creator's work. Animators like Oney and Egoraptor all but quit animation to stream, and neither of them are near entertaining enough unscripted in my opinion (I actually kind of hate Egoraptor's personality, even his animations where more funny visually than writing-wise).

The closest I'll ever come is maybe watching a speed-run if it's someone I like, but that won't be a regular thing.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

I just watch YouTube mostly on my PS3.

Suggestion for those who have poor service

Comcast is excellent service for family internet streaming. you can connect and stream anything on any device. WOW is also a good internet service with no data cap I think, At&t had it's down time for a while but they are also provide great internet.

I stuck with Comcast thin and thin and their my recommend internet service provider. the speed is vary fast and the data cap is over 1tb I think. My whole family uses the internet and we never ran the data limit. all the above is Broadband. including WIFI

(NEVER GET SATELLITE INTERNET) Dish network was charging me over $90 for satellite internet service on a 4 gig data cap and with speeds 5 times slower than dial-up with a 1KBPS download speed. and when I cancelled I owed them about $450 for breaking a 2 year contract.

I could only watch about 1 hour of video a month before I owned them $10 more for exceeding the data cap of just 4 gigabyte.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:37:12 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

tripredacus

The only streams I tend to watch are SaltyBet

Heh is that thing still around? I remember that site from years ago.

and Egoraptor all but quit animation to stream, and neither of them are near entertaining enough unscripted in my opinion (I actually kind of hate Egoraptor's personality, even his animations where more funny visually than writing-wise).

Thankfully, Dan more than makes up for Arin's less popular habits. His trying to come to grips with Doki Doki Literature Club was quite entertaining.

hexen

and Egoraptor all but quit animation to stream, and neither of them are near entertaining enough unscripted in my opinion (I actually kind of hate Egoraptor's personality, even his animations where more funny visually than writing-wise).

Thankfully, Dan more than makes up for Arin's less popular habits. His trying to come to grips with Doki Doki Literature Club was quite entertaining.

I honestly haven't given Dan a fair shot... but I probably won't just due to the format. I almost never watched GameGrumps even in the old days, and when I did it was solely because Jon is one of the few internet personalities I find interesting enough to carry such a thing for a reasonable amount of time. Even then Arin would make broad facepalm comments that Jon would have to smooth over.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

Well, if you want to try the grumps again, I'd say Devil's Third or Doki Doki are good ones to watch, or just try the animated clips or compilations. I wouldn't recommend the Zelda ones (save for the CD-i ones), as while they are among the most popular, Arin is very negative of the series, and it shows. The Breath of the Wild one started off good, when they were jumping in blind, but at around episode 10, Arin had gotten a personal copy and gotten so far ahead that the episodes were him just going through the motions, which killed much of the charm.

Otherwise, beyond them, I'd say the Team Four Star guys make some pretty good Let's Plays. For them, I'd suggest starting with their Xenoverse play through.

I try to stream once a week or more and play pretty much only retro. I missed out on practically every 8-bit and 16-bit RPG growing up, so I play a lot of that and stream it because I enjoy the company.  Those old grinds are much better with other people to talk to.
Don't have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

turf

PRO Supporter

This thread is making me want to stream.  Did you know Our Parents' Basement has a Twitch channel that we've never used? 

If you're at all interested, subscribe here and you'll get notified if we ever stream.  https://www.twitch.tv/ourparentsbasement

Dont have the patience to watch a stream plus Im anti having the persons face in the screen so anything involving that is a no go.

I have sort of tried streaming but felt that it wasnt for me. I do like recording gameplay to keep record of what I play which sometimes has resulted in some unexpected shit. In particular two instances with Mortal Kombat from the Arcade Kollection that I managed to get on tape if you will. Maybe one day I will post some full length stuff but for now Im just messing around.

Heres something I caught the other day from MK1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-G4434R8oU

desocietas

This thread is making me want to stream.  Did you know Our Parents' Basement has a Twitch channel that we've never used? 

If you're at all interested, subscribe here and you'll get notified if we ever stream.  https://www.twitch.tv/ourparentsbasement

Followed! I mean, you already have a fancy mic, right?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

spac316

I am enjoying a lot of Streams, mainly for retro games. I follow a lot of channels I watch regularly.