Author Topic: Xbox One networking help  (Read 1957 times)

ffxik

Xbox One networking help
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:05:33 pm »
Long story short I picked up an Xbox One from a friend for cheap who was needing some cash.  Now I know for a fact that this console was in complete working order, he used it daily.  So it sat at my place for 6-7 months and I finally decided to hook it up and see what's what.  As I'm going through the initial setup it runs a network diagnostic and then asks either "wired" or "wireless".

No biggie I choose wireless and input my SSID it does it's thing and then prompts that the consoles wireless hardware isn't working.  Huzzah...  Whatever, I can get around that by taking the ethernet cable out of my 360 and going wired.  That's what I do and am strangely met with same warning as before about the wireless hardware.  It won't even detect the fact I have an ethernet cable in the thing.

I have tried power cycling and all the other work-around's I could find online.  Nothing so far has worked and I cannot get it past that point in the setup.  I am beyond aggravated with the thing.  So any help would be appreciated. 

Re: Xbox One networking help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:51:04 pm »
Did you try to reset it back to factory default settings? I don't own an Xbox One but I do know that it was an option on the PlayStation 3.

It could be an internal part unfortunately your  X Box One modem or Network Interface Card could be fried. Or

You may want to try to reset the system to the factory settings although you may have to wait for it to update once your through with factory reset

also
It's also a thing that you may need to somehow edit the network setting. Because it may be still trying to run off the previous owners internet location, IP, and Internet Service Provider
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:14:02 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 01:08:36 am »
It's already back to factory settings, it's the network test within the initial setup I'm having trouble with.  I did find something interesting though.  I saw a tech article claiming that you could only have one Xbox per network, per connection type regardless of iteration.  Now it didn't specify across the iterations of Xbox One/S/X OR, if the 360 is also counted for that.  Basically since I connect my 360 via a wired connection I can't connect the One using that same method.  Even though there is a supposed hardware malfunction within the One keeping me from connecting with wifi.  It sounds sketchy to me, but knowing Microsoft I wouldn't put it past them.  Since wireless issues are apparently an extremely common occurrence with this  thing.

The actual wifi module is easy enough to buy and change.  It's right on top when you pop open the console.  I have reservations about buying one though.  Since I have read more than just a handful of accounts of folks doing just that and it still not working.

At this point some blunt force maintenance across the concrete slab in from of my house isn't entirely out of the question.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:44:32 am »
I saw a tech article claiming that you could only have one Xbox per network, per connection type regardless of iteration.  Now it didn't specify across the iterations of Xbox One/S/X OR, if the 360 is also counted for that.

Really doubting that. I've got both my 360 and One hooked up to my network and both can get on and run at the same time.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 02:25:31 am »
At this point some blunt force maintenance across the concrete slab in from of my house isn't entirely out of the question.

do you know any parts of your Xbox One that are still good? like the spin deck laser or something like internal harddrive or the power supply? It may be kind of awkward to find, but there are some tech workers who fix consoles that may be able to salvage parts of your Xbox One before you trash it? I know of one but I am not sure how you or I could reach him or if he is even looking for parts

As far as I know used parts do actually sell, I think :-\
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:37:19 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:04 pm »
I saw a tech article claiming that you could only have one Xbox per network, per connection type regardless of iteration.  Now it didn't specify across the iterations of Xbox One/S/X OR, if the 360 is also counted for that.

Really doubting that. I've got both my 360 and One hooked up to my network and both can get on and run at the same time.

I wasn't for sure.  I don't have anybody near me to physically work this with.  All my irl friends own PS4's so that's a thing.  LOL.  I still can't get it to detect the ethernet cable though.  The cable does work in the 360 so that's a thing. 

do you know any parts of your Xbox One that are still good? like the spin deck laser or something like internal harddrive or the power supply? It may be kind of awkward to find, but there are some tech workers who fix consoles that may be able to salvage parts of your Xbox One before you trash it? I know of one but I am not sure how you or I could reach him or if he is even looking for parts

As far as I know used parts do actually sell, I think :-\

I actually do console repair.  The part is cheap and easy to replace, if that's actually what is wrong with it.  I'm not going to trash it.  I paid good money for it, and I can probably get it going.  That statement was made out of frustration and I was just blowing off some steam.  I'm going to tear it all the way down this time maybe I left something loose when I went in and cleaned it before. 

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 12:39:02 am »
Development.  I have the One connected via Ethernet cable and decided to check my modem configuration.  Interestingly enough it's there.  On the specified physical port sending and receiving packets, but the console itself will not recognize that it's connected.  I took the plunge and bought a new wireless pcb for the thing.  I'm out of ideas.  If this doesn't work you won't be able to get it past the initial setup. 

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:28:19 am »
Not trying to spam this as I have finally narrowed it down to what the core problem happens to be, and as such this will be my last post here.  To sum up;
  I saw a tech article claiming that you could only have one Xbox per network, per connection type regardless of iteration.  Now it didn't specify across the iterations of Xbox One/S/X OR, if the 360 is also counted for that.  Basically since I connect my 360 via a wired connection I can't connect the One using that same method.

This was and yet was not correct.  The situation was, the culprit however is the manufacturer of the modem/router combo I got from my ISP.  There are some routers that are causing issues with multiple Xboxes being on the same network with the same type of connection.  Since my 360 is wired I can't have the One wired.  So the wifi pcb is my last shot at this.