Author Topic: New Halloween Trailer!  (Read 1557 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

New Halloween Trailer!
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:03:05 pm »
Yes! And John Carpenter is making this one! The first one he's been a part of since the original!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

Re: New Halloween Trailer!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:09:55 pm »
Yes! And John Carpenter is making this one! The first one he's been a part of since the original!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

Him playing a part in the movies direction is good.  I've never been a Halloween fan, generally not into slasher films outside of Friday the 13th for the most part, but this is supposed to more like the first movie, so way more grounded and realistic, so in general, should be more suspenseful than just being a gorefest or a never ending stream of jumpscares.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32:18 am »
He's definitely more involved this time around, but I'm not sure if you could classify it as him "making" it.  The director is David Gordon Green who is best known for is dark stoner / slacker comedies like Pineapple Express, Easbound & Down, and Vice Principals, which are things I like, but not sure how good of an indicator they are for the film.

azure

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 10:18:01 am »
So this is going to ignore a lot of the sequel baggage? I hope so, looks great so far.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 03:36:51 pm »
It actually looks... okay.
Sometimes the best sequels come after 40 years?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 08:25:58 am »
So this is going to ignore a lot of the sequel baggage? I hope so, looks great so far.

Has any series ignored previous sequels as much as Halloween as?

Halloween 3 doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the series.  Halloween 4 ignores Season of the Witch.  H20 ignores everything but 1 and 2, and now 2018 looks like it isn't even going to acknowledge 2.

azure

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 09:19:58 am »

Has any series ignored previous sequels as much as Halloween as?

Halloween 3 doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the series.  Halloween 4 ignores Season of the Witch.  H20 ignores everything but 1 and 2, and now 2018 looks like it isn't even going to acknowledge 2.

I always wished the series would have went the anthology route after seeing Halloween 3. Besides the original Halloween, 3 is certainly my favorite of the movies.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25:30 am »
III is my favorite of all the films because of how bugnuts crazy it is.  I would have loved the anthology idea to have stuck as well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 12:51:09 pm »
Really? Killer masks just didn't do it for me. I'm more than happy Michael Myers returned if that was an indicator of what we were going to get otherwise.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 12:02:52 am »
Don’t get me wrong, it’s hardly a great film... and barely a good one, but it has this awesome aura of fearlessness and inventiveness that isn’t present in the rest of the series.  It’s got crazy cultists that draw their power from Stonehenge, murderous automatons, and - a personal favorite - child murder.  I enjoy the heck out of it.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 03:50:46 pm »
Count me in on this one. 1st movie I’ve looked forward to in awhile.