Author Topic: Please add ability to remove unwanted consoles from submit list  (Read 1297 times)

Hi,

I only collect for 2-3 systems and I want to enter a whole bunch of games (>100) and it's a pain to scroll the long list of available consoles every time I add a game.

Also it would be nice to have a "add another" button on the page which shows after you added an item to a collection.

Agozer

Re: Please add ability to remove unwanted consoles from submit list
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 06:29:40 am »
You can make things faster by opening the list and pressing the first letter of the console your looking for. The list will immediately jump to the first match it finds.

mastodon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »
Hi,

I only collect for 2-3 systems and I want to enter a whole bunch of games (>100) and it's a pain to scroll the long list of available consoles every time I add a game.

Also it would be nice to have a "add another" button on the page which shows after you added an item to a collection.

/this I only collect for 8 consoles. It would be much easier if I could remove the other 200 consoles that I have zero desire to collect.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 04:02:24 am »
You can make things faster by opening the list and pressing the first letter of the console your looking for. The list will immediately jump to the first match it finds.

Thanks, it is indeed a little faster.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:32 am »
When I went about adding games like this, I would use the a console's category exclusively. Only using search when I couldn't find something, such as a game was named differently in the db than the name I personally use, such as there is a Disney or whatever in the name.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 11:08:09 am »
I also mostly collect games for one system (the PS2) but i don't use the search option of the database anymore (i never really liked it, it made me create a few duplicates when i started adding my games here), when i want to add a game i always browse the category of the system of that game, i find it more quick to add games that way than searching for each names one by one, it let me check all the variant that already exist and let me see if there is any duplicate (where the search option doesn't, for example if you search for SoulCalibur it won't show you any of the Soul Calibur duplicates), it also makes me discover games that i never knew before while browsing the category.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:35:06 pm »
Thanks tripredacus and metshael this approach is much better. I never bothered going to the browse section since it's not very self-explanatory. Makes sense and makes this site much more useful when you add stuff via browse.