Author Topic: What do people use the notes feature for?  (Read 1976 times)

What do people use the notes feature for?
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:12:23 pm »
I was curious if the notes section on games had a specific defined use or was just open for whatever. If so how do you use it personally?

Re: What do people use the notes feature for?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:16:41 pm »
I use it to comment on condition like if a disk is scratched or a label is damaged.

Agozer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »
I use it for small notes for myself, like for certain Wii and PlayStation 2 games, I might write "50hz only" when a game doesn't support a 60hz mode.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »
Use it for whatever you want. For a while I used it mark where or who I bought an item from.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 08:40:42 pm »
I use it for condition, whether the game is complete or not, where I bought it and other personal tidbits like if it's the first game I got for the system or something like that.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 08:58:36 pm »
For a couple games I only have a disc for, I note that it's disc only. 99% of my notes are me noting that the version I have doesn't match the version(s) available to choose from. I collect Xbox 360, and have 30 or 40 some-odd games/significant variations not in the database...so I make notes to remind myself. I DO plan to add them all once I have time however, as It's a lot more reflective of my true collection :)

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 10:22:55 pm »
I use it to point out desirable things unique to my copies of certain games- autographed titles and such.

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:55:44 pm »
I use it pretty sparingly, but usually to call out a feature of the game's packaging.  Small things that I don't feel are worth creating new database entries, like 3D lenticular covers or outer sleeves.  Maybe both release types exist, maybe not; so I just make a note to mention the feature of my copy. 

I've also used it to make a note of condition, usually calling out flaws in my copy. 

roomofdoom

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:43 am »
i use it to post url's of conditions photos of my games on my imgur

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:15:23 am »
I use it to remind myself that my copy of a game includes them exclusive extra's wich I strife for.

so not the blanco warranty cards or health instructions inserts that came in many other games but things Such as posters maps dreaded nintendo vip point cards for pretty much every nintendo console out there after the GBC and N64, exclusive commercial papers especially in usa games for gamecube and ps2 :P spine cards warranty cards wich unfortunately do include the name and image of that game thus only available from that game for games such as square enix and atlus wich includes the old games to name some examples :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:20:15 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 09:38:06 am »
For items in collection, I use it to note specific details such as for Sega Genesis or Master System games, I will put if it has a hangtab. For PC CD-ROM games that originally come in boxes, I will check the box for disc/cart, and in notes put "cd and jewel case" to indicate that I have more than the disc, but I don't have the box.

Or I may use it to track a variation on an item, without adding the variation to the database. I will do this for a "minor" variation... example if you look on this page of my collection:
https://vgcollect.com/tripredacus/gen/13

You go down to where I have 2 Sonic 2 NFR text label in the list, you should be able to see the notes there. And I use it to note to myself that I have two variations of it, they have different labels and mold stampings...

For wishlist, when I used to put everything there (PC and others), I would put if I needed specific discs. A lot of the time I would buy games at thrift that are multi-disc games, but it would be missing some. So I could put a game on my wishlist and check the box for disc, and in notes put "have disc 1" or "missing game disc" or whatever.

hexen

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:59 am »
On top of what people said already, I also like to put little jokes or quotes from the game sometimes.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

pizzasafari

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 11:40:08 am »
I use it to mention serial numbers for limited releases & any noteworthy features about my copy of the item, like any major damages or signatures and stuff. Sometimes I use it to make snide remarks about the game if I'm bored.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 08:14:43 pm »
I use it to list extra copies also if I've beaten a game I'll make a note of it here and how much I liked it also