Author Topic: Display/sort all search results by Platform  (Read 2655 times)

Display/sort all search results by Platform
« on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:09 pm »
As an NES enthusiast, I have a metric ton of games for just the NES (hundreds). It would be easier for me if, rather than inputting one by one, I could just have a search return all "NES [NA]" games in the database and check the ones that I have from there.

Of course, there's the looming possibility that this is already implemented and I just don't know how to do things properly.

matt

Re: Display/sort all search results by Platform
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »
On my (way too big) to-do list is a way to simply browse games by platform. I'll probably be able to start working on this sometime within the next week. I'll make sure to post an update when this is complete and ready to be tested/used.

My NES collection is also sitting over 200 games and I've been hesitant to add these as searching for them one at a time is a pain. Help is coming soon tho!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:38:28 pm »
I got about 500 ps1 and over 400 nes games... I added 20 NES games before I got tired...

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:50:50 am »
> weirdguy
> I got about 500 ps1 and over 400 nes games... I added 20 NES games before I got tired...

I'll be rolling out the browse feature later tonight. Stay tuned.

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:52:00 pm »
Browse pages are almost complete. If you are logged in you can view them here. The final touch will be adding checkboxes and a submit button to multi add. This'll be done in a bit.

http://vgcollect.com/browse/nes

http://vgcollect.com/browse/ps1

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:11:41 pm »
Awesome. I'll give it a shot a little later.

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
> professorspecs
> Awesome. I'll give it a shot a little later.

The Add to Collection link is working now too. Just click the checkboxes next to the games you want to add and click the button at the bottom.

Let me know if you have any issues.

matt

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »
I've now added the Browse feature to the top navigation. It should be working properly but as always, yell at me if it breaks ha.