Author Topic: Where to buy Playstation(1) replacement game cases in Europe?  (Read 2537 times)

I guess the title says it all. Need help finding where to buy new fat playstation 1 game cases. I bought a few old ps1 games for dirt cheap but the cases where cracked and some even missing parts. Living in Finland Im hoping to buy from Europe or Asia (cheap shipping) found some in US (ebay) but shipping was 60usd for 10 cases....

Had no luck on Amazon or ebay...maybe its just me and my googling skills.... :-\

shfan

Re: Where to buy Playstation(1) replacement game cases in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:31 am »
Cannibalising sports/budget games for cases is pretty much the only way you're likely to get replacements cost-effectively these days. Because the cases are unique, even completely unwanted new and sealed games have been bought up for this purpose.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:44:25 am »
For only a few games i would indeed recommend to just buy a sports game for a couple euro's etc. Or lose empty case wich you could buy them in bulk for 20 - 30 euro's per 10 excluding shipping factory sealed even more people are pretty desperate these days, If your going online shipping will still be pricy even for a cheap sports game and locally you would need a source not to mention the luck that a nice case will be there 50 cents for a ps1 game is a rarity so usually it will be a couple of euro's at least.

It is however not the most cost efficient way by a long shot in my opinion. Since the game is basicly trash unsellable unless you have many in a big lot in wich case you still lose money. It's a quick fix nothing more nothing less. However the most cost efficient method is only recommended if you have patience and your main focus is not just spare cases not to mention if you are going to seriously collect for the system and thus have many games wich need replacement cases.

The definitive way in my opinion is by buying cheap sets. Keep the games that you want and sell the rest for a profit. Spare cases are just a bonus when done that way, that is the best way to replace cases. In the beginning you will have allot of cracked cases but as time goes by you'll catch up. Have replaced all my cases with pretty much perfect ones this way not to mention keeping some trash games aside with perfect boxes for potential future replacements since they would not ad much value to the lot of cheap games anyways.

If you have the cash and want it quick just buy some online or wait for some sealed bundles to come up.

Here a listing for 5 pieces

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/5-X-PS1-REPLACEMENT-SINGLE-PAL-GAME-CASES-Playstation-Game-A/253555870245?hash=item3b091b8a25:g:bpgAAOSwdGJazoIK

Plastic static Boxes have been fully tested and are in  working order they lost me with that one ::)

They are not original btw but they have the same sizes, original cases do show up from time to time but they are pricy and since it's not always available people can be pretty desperate. it is usually only sold in a minum of 10 orso when they do show up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:04:35 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:25:49 am »
I'd be cautious of buying replacement cases located in the US... I didn't know until seeing this thread & hitting up google that PAL had different cases for PS1 than the US did. I'd hate to see you spend the shipping money only to get a seller who didn't know that and just sold you the standard jewel cases our games came in.

It'd be a long time out, I'd imagine, but perhaps send a message to the guys over at Strictly Limited Games or Super Rare Games. Stateside, we have this problem with Sega CD/Sega Saturn cases. Our local boutique publisher, Limited Run Games, is taking it upon themselves to make replacements available (hopefully) sometime this year. Maybe one of yours is willing to step up for PS1?

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:01:04 pm »
No CD WALLETS, it ruins the game. I mean your safer leaveing the games unprotected and open then even to be placed in the wallets
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 01:50:07 am »
Thank you all for your help,

I guess my best bet is to roam second-hand and thrift shops in hope of finding cheap games with cases intact.  :)
I'm not paying more than a few bucks (euros) per replacement case. Reason I'm asking is that i found Crash Bandicoot 1-3 for 10euros for the whole bundle  ;D, disks in good shape...cases not so much