Author Topic: Starting to feel ignored  (Read 5134 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Starting to feel ignored
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:45:43 pm »
Hey Jason & or other app devs,

As you know the garage sale season is right around the corner. I'll soon be making maps, and going on the hunt for pirates booty.

However, we still don't have a working text based app.  Myself and countless others have asked nicely on the status of the text based app, but have not heard a word back. 

Can you PLEASE re-enable the old app?  or aleast make the new app functional with text only?  The current text view is still terribly slow.  The mobile website is functional yes, but not ideal when out in the wild and you need to look things up quickly.

Please for the love of god, get back to us! ;)  we just want text

topspot123

Re: Starting to feel ignored
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:12:37 pm »
(If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll know my place)

I believe the old app was never disabled.  I think the website's switch to the https protocol is what made the old app no longer compatible (for most of us). 

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:55:36 am »
Even I have resorted to bookmarking specific pages of the website on my phone... and adding stuff into my Wishlist I normally wouldn't put onto there.

jason

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:48 pm »
I will look into a way to make the current lists display faster.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:06:26 pm »
I will look into a way to make the current lists display faster.

Thanks, Jason!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 03:22:38 pm »
I've offered my help with this a few times dating all the way back to 2016 with the original app. At this point I'm about ready to build the functionality into my site and just steal all of the users from here. I have a feeling I could start from scratch and still have a full-fledged app before vgc does.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:16 pm »
You guys aren't wrong about how long this is taking. But in the meantime, there are other options. Just a text program on your phone will do the job. There's also an app out there called Gameye.

jason

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 10:17:28 pm »
Hey Jason & or other app devs,

As you know the garage sale season is right around the corner. I'll soon be making maps, and going on the hunt for pirates booty.

However, we still don't have a working text based app.  Myself and countless others have asked nicely on the status of the text based app, but have not heard a word back. 

Can you PLEASE re-enable the old app?  or aleast make the new app functional with text only?  The current text view is still terribly slow.  The mobile website is functional yes, but not ideal when out in the wild and you need to look things up quickly.

Please for the love of god, get back to us! ;)  we just want text

I'm reworking the current app to work faster for displaying the lists. I was wondering if I could have you help me test an early build.

Thanks,

Jason