Author Topic: Your Longest Lasting Video Game Console Or Oldest One Owned  (Read 2999 times)

Re: Your Longest Lasting Video Game Console Or Oldest One Owned
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 09:51:15 pm »
My oldest console I own is a Sega Genesis; anything pre-NES is hard for me to get into and even the NES at times is a bit before my time.

The console I've owned the longest and also has lasted me the longest is my original N64 that I received Christmas Eve 1996. It still works great, although it is currently in a N64 box on display on my shelf. The N64 I use is the Pikachu model.

davifus

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 12:01:45 am »
My personal PS2 from 2001. Still alive and kicking
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 03:13:10 pm »
The oldest console I have is a Nintendo GameBoy, but that's just talking about year of release. My first console was a black N64 (Got it around '98 or '99) then a couple of years ago I traded it in for a Watermelon Red one. All my consoles still work, all though some of them my need a cleaning XP

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 05:09:07 pm »
Probably my gameboy advance sp, have since I was like 4-5 years old, im 18 now.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 02:43:21 pm »
My nes still going strong

pizzasafari

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 09:30:16 pm »
I've had my PS1 since I was a kid but it doesn't work that well, the reader's a bit knackered, so I use my PS2 for PS1 games now. It wasn't my first PS1 though, I went through a few different ones as a kid for reasons I forget, IIRC I didn't take proper care of them and they stopped reading discs. It still works but games run pretty poorly on it, lots of crashing.

Longest lasting console that still works properly is my original Xbox, I don't remember when I got it but I'd say I was in my mid-childhood, probably around 2003/2004. It's got some marks from where I used to take my gamer rage out on it as a kid but it still works perfectly. Still got all my oldest saves on it too, thank you lord Microsoft for the invention of the hard drive.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:31:50 pm by pizzasafari »

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 06:23:36 pm »
Oldest machine from new: Amiga 500+ (1991)

Oldest machine in my collection: Fairchild Channel F (1976)

But I have a few pong clone's that might be older but they are harder to look up.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 03:40:43 pm »
Atari 2600 that I got in 1981.  I still have it boxed up, though I think the last time I turned it on was back in 1997.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 10:03:13 pm »
i have a few Pong consoles that would be oldest age-wise.
The oldest original system i still own is my N64.
My mom unfortunately was a "get a new console, get rid of the old console" type, so my atari 2600, nes, and sega genesis were all gotten rid of back in the day  :-\

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:01 am »
My oldest console, as the original owner, is my OG Gameboy. Still kicks, screen looks great and reads games like a beauty. I can tell as one point a battery exploded, but I've cleaned it and doesn't seem to be affecting it.

NES is my oldest actual console.

To the OP (oldgamerz):
1. Get "Blinking Light Win". If you want to play on original hardware I think it is a must. I've had mine installed over a year and never had a game not boot or freeze. You don't get that satisfaction of pushing the cart down, but I'll take perfect, hassle free gameplay any day.
2. I love your posts and am sincerely thankful for your questions! Never stop posting and giving me a reason to think about my collection!